Cat for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If anyone is interested, I've been caring for a cat for the past few weeks. She doesn't appear to have a family since she spends most of her time on my balcony but she's verrry affectionate. I unfortunately can't keep her since my chihuahuas would make her life hell nor do I want her to live outside forever. Another challenge is she appears to be pregnant. Rescatame (volunteer group that rescue animals in the area) are helping to look for a foster home or permanent but nothing so far. She's a beautiful, smallish kitty with medium long fur, tigerish colored with some orangy spots. PM me if interested!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Here's the pretty kitty.

25rpehi.jpg

33o77ld.jpg

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Just as an update, the kitty is now in the care of Rescatame and they'll be posting new pics of her today on their Facebook page. She was sterilized yesterday so no more kitties to find homes for. Anyone interested can either contact me or Rescatame directly.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope she finds home. i've already been fooled by two street cats who decided to move in with us permanently and now we have another daily feline visitor so i know the feeling.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"She doesn't appear to have a family since she spends most of her time on my balcony but she's verrry affectionate. I unfortunately can't keep her since my chihuahuas would make her life hell nor do I want her to live outside forever. Another challenge is she appears to be pregnant."

Sounds like half the women running around the north coast.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
She actually was pregnant of 4 but they aborted it. A bit sad when I think of it but there are so many cats and dogs wandering around without anyone to care for them that I can understand why they did it. Looks like it was her first pregnancy too, so we're guessing she's not 1 yet. If she's not adopted in a few days they'll return her to me as they can't cover boarding at the vet's for too long. Fingers crossed!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just a note for you. i have 3 and a half cats here and they need to deal with a dumbass pomeranian that belongs to my SIL but stays here often enough. she's on ass licking and food stealing mission all the time. cats avoid her by jumping on chairs or swatting her in the head (no nails). it's possible to keep both cats and small dogs together and assure their smooth existence. if you can still feed her she may sort out her living arrangements somehow.

good luck again.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
just a note for you. i have 3 and a half cats here and they need to deal with a dumbass pomeranian that belongs to my SIL but stays here often enough. she's on ass licking and food stealing mission all the time. cats avoid her by jumping on chairs or swatting her in the head (no nails). it's possible to keep both cats and small dogs together and assure their smooth existence. if you can still feed her she may sort out her living arrangements somehow.

good luck again.

If it were just a question of adapting to my dogs she'd long have installed herself in my apartment. The hubby's the main problem lol

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For the few who were following this thread, I am happy to inform you that miss Kitty will be adopted by an Italian lady on Tuesday thanks to Rescatame. :) If anyone feels compelled to give Rescatame a hand either by volunteering, donating animal food and meds or $$, here is the link to their page and you can find the contacts and info in the About tab https://www.facebook.com/groups/276724609064889/?ref=br_tf

They also have a sterilization campaign programmed for February 7 and 8th in the Friusa area should you have or know of someone who has a cat or dog that needs to be neutered or spayed. This group really does a lot of good in the area with very few resources and support. Every little bit helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.