Before I put my apron on...

H

hillbilly

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

No jokes, just heartfelt best wishes to all of you.

HB

R

Richard

Thank you HB and my best wishes to all who operate DR1 and everyone visits this board

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Before I let somebody do the cooking for me!

A few observations from the holiday activities and happenings:

1)The economy is bad? I could not tell from the chaos in the stores around the Poligono Central. People were buying clothes and gifts like crazy. Food sales were slower due to rain, but harder goods were cleaned up. Buhoneros lost the week, but who wants to buy apples in the street anyway at $40 a lb.? Better sales than last year!

2)Our legislators pulled a fast one by passing anti-popular laws during Christmas while we are all partying. They will pay later on.

3)The Senator Dario Gomez confessions by the gang of prison escapees(by special permission) are not believed even by Hipolito, who might call a special investigation. As I stated before this was not a robbery. This reminds me of the Luis Donato Colosio killing in Mexico. Even in the House of representatives(DR) it was called a conspiracy. And, while people are looking into political motivation(the hit paid by anti-reelectionists and laid in Hatuey De Camps field) I still say it has to do with a shady deal by Gomez gone sour. A simple scoundrel that ended up where he belongs.

4)The blame for the escape of Dario Gomez killer is now being laid on the poor Lieutenant in charge of the jail cells. The big shots are cleaning their hands from the affair. Like I said, no one will ever know the real reason for the killing, except the mafiosi involved. By the way, El Mago, one of the killers used to visit Dario Gomez at his home!!! Enrique Lopez, a PRD legislator was seen giving a big embrace to EL CHINO, another one of the killers at his legislative office.

5)Guy Phillipe, the leader of the Haitian coup attempt is requesting political asylum in DR after being thrown out of Ecuador. Anybody who believes this coup story is dead brained. Phillipe and Aristide are in this together to discredit DR. The coup was fabricated to blame DR for Haitis problems and now another hot potato is being laid on Hipolito, an asylum by a trick artist.

6)Balaguer went out again with his Christmas giveaways to the poor. This is a sorry spectacle expected every year. The people who go there look like homeless starving West African tribes killing for food and gifts. This decaying patronization of people with miserable bags of food has to end someday. People as poor as they are should have dignity. The majority of the people who go there do not need the gifts and the gifts are not comparable to the cost of getting there, standing in line all day and paying for food to remain in line. It is just people without class and education.

7)250 foreigners are in our jails as of today. Canadians are moving up there with Germans, Italians and Colombians in the list of condemned prisoners. A press report shows canadian Robert Ethier involved in more than 50 robberies with the killer of general Beauchamp Javier in the Nagua and Cabrera area. Drugs is the number one crime among foreigners followed by forgery and other con games. Watch out for your wallet.

8)Will the body of Eva Peron be taken out to the streets to solve the Argentinian bankruptcy?

9)Another coup!!! and is not Haiti...American Airlines has overthrown all the airlines from Herrera Airport with Hipolitos support. Nice job baldie!!! Keep it up and your hair will grow.

10)Hipolito Mejia and his parasite cabinet now sell official news to those who behave. For instance, the breaking news of the capture of fabled "Angito", the elusive killer of General Beauchamp Javier(by the way, it was not a robbery either,hehehe) was given to "limpiasacos and lambones par excellence" Cesar Medina and Luisin Mejia from Cable TV. It was almost laughable as you saw Luisin Mejia climbing a rugged mountain to the scene of the capture wearing Italian shoes, a cotton Hugo Boss shirt and Gabardine pants. It looks like he forgot people could tell the whole thing was a set up from the clothes he wore.
What was even funnier was when Angito took the news people, Candelier and his entourage to the spot where the Caama?o rifle was hidden. They pulled the rifle without rubber gloves!! Candelier handled the rifle and checked the chamber with his bare hands. And of course, it was a plant. That was not Caama?o rifle.

11)Its funny to see Yadira Henriquez, The Secretary of the Department for Women working with poor peasant women. She has never seen a poor person in her life except her maids.

12)Our Gross National Product will double in five years with the concession of no visas to Colombian nationals. We will become the second drug power in America. Drug money will supplant money sent by Dominicans from abroad(US$2 billion) as source of income. Of course, Colombians girls being perhaps among the sexiest and most beautiful in the world will lighten up our streets. Cmon down girls, lets offset the ugly Haitians.

13)Fernando Villalona, not knowing how to improve his Merengue sales, sent his Cuban girlfriend on the interview trail with controversial comments about their personal life. Now he is coming out to correct some of the statements made by her. It was all planned, as usual. Its a Dominican tradition.

14)Eddy Herrera sang a song due to be released by another group owned by his manager at the Altos de Chavon show. What a classy guy Eddy!!! Why dont you do some original songs for a change. Eddy is the Luis Miguel of Dominican Republic, he does not know a song by another artist he doenst like to sing.

15)Leave your guns at home. The crackdowns(Operacion Centella-Lighting) will continue at checkpoints. It seems all the guns they picked up the last time were given away to friends and the government is looking for more guns for Christmas gifts for their friends. Dont be a Santa Claus for a PRD buddy!! Remember there are still 1,000,000 PRD members asking for guns.

16)The Dominican Red Cross is going to be around to help Christmas revelers for the holidays. Of course, driving in the latest model Jeepetas.

17)The new "twin?" Juan Bosch bridge by twin? brother Duarte Bridge is the ugliest architectural fiasco in the history of bridge construction. Whoever created this twin monster project ought to be sent to the gallows. I propose that installation artist Christo covers it up with a blue tarp so we dont have to see it. The two bridges fight each other as Cain and Abel, a masterful distortion of art. Whats with the huge pedestrian lanes. Who walks on bridges anymore?

Merry Christmas and a happy conspirational holiday!!!hohohoho!

TW

C

CES

Re: Before...(for your atten., HB :)

Please let me introduce you to our daughter, "Ms. ces" . . . :)

HB, a question awaits you at this link --->

regards,

. . . CES

http://pub14.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=9791397&usernum=1128934881

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Single guys never go hungry on the 24th.

The most entertaining and exciting Dominican Christmas sport for single guys is where to get the best meal from all the invitations you get.

I ran across my list of invitations and it was hard to pick one. All of them offered roasted pig, pasteles de hoja, lerenes, Russian Salad, telera bread,fruit cakes,turrones,pastelitos,roasted turkey,roman apples, danjour pears, globe jumbo seedless grapes,raisins,Belgian Baronie Fruits de mer chocolates, Brachs candies and marshmallows, panettone Italiano filled with creams, fine liquors and port wines,and on,and on.

It was so mouth watering I could not take it anymore. This year was better than ever. So, I ran down to my La Cadena Supermarket and bought me the typical pair of bottles of Sunrise wine and a panettone for the host and headed to the best dinner from my selection and had me a feastttttt!

Single guys got it made!!!

TW

A

azb

Re: Single guys never go hungry on the 24th.

Thats right TW, I went to La romana (well, Bayahibe to be exact)to spend 4 days having fun under the sun. It was an all inclusive resort with VIP treatment.
I was invited to spend my holidays in many locations with my sweet girlfriends but i chose to go far far away and live it up the caribbean way. Imagine being in the beach while the poor souls showel snow in Buffalo.
Merry christmas to everyone.

T

Tony C.

Port

TW.

Just for you information. Port is not a wine. It is Port! I have yet to find any Vintage Port for sale in Santo Domingo. Basic Port yes but true Vintage Port no. Not surprising as it is not trendy and can be quite pricey. Plus it is subject to large variations in flavor from its vintage.

H

hillbilly

Re: Port/FYI There is fine Port available

But you must go to Guayacanes to get it.

Now you know, I am a North Coast person (proximity has a lot to do with it), so if I am telling you to go to someplace on the South shore, you gotta know it is very nice-a Hillbilly Guarantee!

that place is called "Deli-Swiss" and it is run by Walter.
he has a World Class-not exagerating-wine collection and is one of the world reknown Port connoiseurs. You will drool.

HB

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Dominicans bring their Port from Miami

and NYC and there are several places in Santo Domingo where you can get get it. There are quite a few good wine shops in my area where you can get anything you want. The rest you buy outside.

TW