Best Hardware Store for Ceiling Fans, Bavaro and area?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Today I am going to buy a ceiling fan and install.. I saw HUNTERS at Polla at Plaza san juan, but I recall a discussion a while back about trying to buy KDK fan, people seem happy with those.. Plus I want to circulate the Air!
I drove past a a ferreter?a in Veron the other day thought I might try that.. Want a KDK, not sure where?
Thnaks

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Try Ferreteria Detallista or Ferreteria La Imagen on the Veron Highway- close to each other.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
KDK is the best fan on the market more money but its worth every dime.......I would but them in Santo Domingo cheaper ....Galleria 360 / Americana Ferrtierra

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you want a fan that moves a lot of air, go with the 52" KDK with metal blades.

If you're not that worried about the quantity of air it's going to move but you want it to look good, go with the Hunter.

I've got a Hunter that is so old they don't make parts for them anywhere. Can't even buy them from the factory. (I was looking for the glass lamp cover)

The lady who spoke to me the last time I called them was surprised I called. She said she was probably the only one there who even remembered that model of fan.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you want a fan that moves a lot of air, go with the 52" KDK with metal blades.

If you're not that worried about the quantity of air it's going to move but you want it to look good, go with the Hunter.

I've got a Hunter that is so old they don't make parts for them anywhere. Can't even buy them from the factory. (I was looking for the glass lamp cover)

The lady who spoke to me the last time I called them was surprised I called. She said she was probably the only one there who even remembered that model of fan.

You’re absolutely right. We bought a very pretty Westinghouse fan at Ferreteria Americana, pretty but useless. Bought a KDK at Jumbo Luperon, and what a difference. When you’re hot, you don’t care about decor, lol!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If you need it just for the bedroom, a tower fan looks good, is durable, and really cools down. Plus everything is controlled with a remote control. It doesn’t look like a fan, in fact most people will think its an air purifier until you turn it on. Then they wonder where are the blades. These are suppose to be smart people. It also has a timer, which I don’t use but its there. It takes up very little space too.

The one that I have is made by Lasko, but I son’t know if there are other companies in this market.