travelling the DR by guagua

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
once again I m going to try and travel around the island in 11 days by guagua.. looking for something new and exciting.. tried it once and failed..but had an awesome time sitting next to people with chickens and meeting all manner of people.....however I got stuck trying to go north from San Juan de la Maguana up to Jarbacoa or elsewhere in the north becauae of the Cordillera.. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get from San juan through the cordillera to Sabanetta or Constanza or anywhere else northwards? without going all the way back to the Duarte highway? I don t care if it takes a while , I have time .. any advice appreciated...

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I wish you a good trip and it sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'd love to travel the DR like that.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get from San juan through the cordillera to Sabanetta or Constanza or anywhere else northwards? without going all the way back to the Duarte highway? I don t care if it takes a while , I have time .. any advice appreciated...

to get from san juan to constanza you have to go back to azua-bani-san cristobal-jarabacoa- constanza.
maybe there is some bus service or way of transporting from san jose de ocoa to constanza, but I doubt about it.

from san juan to sabaneta ? maybe if you will talk with dominican drivers who drive from ellas pina to restauracion you will get to Sabaneta from San Juan.
but I also doubt about it, as the road from Ellas Pina to Restauracion barely exists and every1 is afraid to drive there. I wanted to drive from Restauracion to Ellas Pina 2 years ago alone on motorbike, but I was afraid to do so. mostly because of potental flat tyre and so on. and the fact that i was carrying all my stuff with me on my 110 cc bike :)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i think donkey??? no really a 4x4 best bet is a dual sport adventure bike...