Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to replace my Honda CRV headlight assembly

My 2003 headlights are fogy, on the inside, so I would like to replace both of them. I checked with 2 places in POP. One wanted 8,150 pesos per light, the other said they no longer carries them. But when they did the last one sold for 1,300 pesos. This is a little crazy. Any one know where I can get these at a reasonable price? thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ebay....

3. Likes Jaime809 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I'd go online to a USA auto parts place and buy them for Maybe $35.00 each and have them sent to a Dominican Curier service. Lots of them to choose from find the one closest to you. I signed up for one 20 miles away that I have to pick up there. Others deliver.
    not $35. the range is between 200 dollars and 75 for that part, per side. anything below that is going to be junk, with broken tabs or haze. still beats 8 thousand pesos, though.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by No Place Like Home View Post
    My 2003 headlights are fogy, on the inside, so I would like to replace both of them. I checked with 2 places in POP. One wanted 8,150 pesos per light, the other said they no longer carries them. But when they did the last one sold for 1,300 pesos. This is a little crazy. Any one know where I can get these at a reasonable price? thanks

Certainly not original Honda for this price.....but will probably do the trick for you.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Hond...a-9c81cd6f1542

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Certainly not original Honda for this price.....but will probably do the trick for you.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Hond...a-9c81cd6f1542

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    aftermarket, but they are just as good as the OEM, in certain cases. good find, playa.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default auto parts

The next time you are in the capital, you can check around Villa Juana's "la 20" the area loosely bordered by Tunti de Cáceres to the south, Maximo Gomez to the west, Maria Montez to the east, and Pedro Livio Cedeño to the north. You will find many used auto parts sold out of storefronts. The prices are low and you can make a deal for on the spot installation, but all parts are sold "as is." It's not a bad deal for the sort of part you are replacing. You will find the prices to be very competitive. You can even try out the replacement for a couple of nights and make a deal to sell the "core" originals to further cut your cost.

Try to stay south of Pedro Livio Cedeño. Also, try to complete your business an hour or so before dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    not $35. the range is between 200 dollars and 75 for that part, per side. anything below that is going to be junk, with broken tabs or haze. still beats 8 thousand pesos, though.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    Doesn't $200 US = $8000 RD at the current exchange rate?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsimonson0 View Post
    Doesn't $200 US = $8000 RD at the current exchange rate?
    yes, but 75 isn't.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not get a kit to clean your headlamp lenses. They run about $20usd and you can do it yourself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone for your suggestions. LTSteve, the fogging is on the inside and you can not get there to clean it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast