shipping a vehicle from canada to the dominican republic

champ

Dec 2, 2006
does anyone have info on Canadian shipping companies that will ship a vehicle and contents from Canada to Dominican republic with minimal hassles

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Peralta Bros... search for them..

or MAYBE - you you get a ROLO frpm Florida (roll on - roll off) but that might need a lot of paper.

It can be done - I ahve seen ON plates here.

best of luck

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
To get a car here you have to have an actual title document. Most provinces only have registrstion slips. Last I heard only Quebec had an actual title. If that is where you are bringing the car from your best bet woukd be to get it to NJ or Florida and ship from there. Tashi was also correct thwt the vehicle can not have anything in it other than a spare tire and jack.
As far as Canadian plates go you can run anything on the front as only rear plates are required here. Good luck

Jan 9, 2004
Thanks for the info

Note that the vehicle needs to be within the 5 year window of age. Meaning that a 2009 has until June 30, 2015 to enter.

All in costs, shipping, taxes, insurance, first placa, etc., will likely be approximately 50% of the vehicles current retail value....unless you have an exemption....residency, returning Dominican, etc.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
And that 50% is what customs thinks is 50% , not what the value is in Canada.
And that is exactly the reason we decided against bringing our sweet 2011 Jeep Sahara!! Value in Canada $25000 ..Value in DR closer to $37000 and that is what you pay taxes on!! The only exemption/reduction is if you have Residency/Cedula status..and it is based on how many years you have had tiltled ownership( & Yes we have Title Certificates in NS)
We now drive a lil 2000 Tracker..durable,gets us where we need to go..and easy on gas/propane!! Cost of transporting would have been roughly $3000 Cdn If you are also shipping goods..you can put vehicle(empty) in and also fill rest of container with household items..add on costs by weight!!

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
In the many years I have lived here I have heard many horror stories of people who tried to import their car. Most would
never try it again. You are totally and helplessly in the hands of a totally corrupt system without any legal recourse.
You will be squeezed until the cost of this adventure exceeds the cost of buying a car locally.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you may find some of this enthusiastic advice discouraging... fear not

I have imported a car... albeit from USA

ask the Cdn experts ...Peralta Bros. Shipping

if its possible, they will not only know but they will ship it
read their reviews on here... may satisfied customers

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I used peralta bro to ship 10 barrels of stuff form Toronto. I was very very happy with their services. Delivered to my door here in the campo