Army?s Operation Shield stops 22,608 illegal aliens at border

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Santo Domingo.- The Army on Monday announced the deployment of 600 additional troops to the Dominican Republic-Haiti border area, to bolster Operation Shield.

It also reported the arrest of 22,608 foreigners trying to cross the border illegally, including Haitians, Chinese, Cubans, Nigerians and Pakistanis, who were handed over to the Immigration Agency for deportation.

Army chief Jose Eugenio Matos said 190 motorcycles and 32 vehicles used to transport illegal aliens across the border were also seized.

He said the authorities also seized 17,000 pounds of garlic, 344 sacks of onions, 260 of coal various quantities of cigarettes and rum, five guns and 69 pounds of marijuana, jointly with the National Drugs Control Agency (DNCD).
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...n-Shield-stops-22608-illegal-aliens-at-border

What's scary is that this operation is relatively new and now with 600 additional troops these numbers could triple in a few weeks.

If the NGO's and the corrupt Haitian government think they're going to overwhelm the DR they better think again. Dominicans will defend their country from these western-financed bandits.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"It also reported the arrest of 22,608 foreigners trying to cross the border illegally, including Haitians, Chinese, Cubans, NIGERIANS and Pakistanis, who were handed over to the Immigration Agency for deportation."

Best news I have read all day but I am curious...

Deporting them to where? Their country of origin or the country they embarked from?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The task force operation shield:D:D:D:D should take a stroll down the road in front of my house on weekend........ dozens of haitians walking, bundles and backpacks, in full view of everyone. The PN just watch them walk past.......
More like operation cullender......

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The task force operation shield:D:D:D:D should take a stroll down the road in front of my house on weekend........ dozens of haitians walking, bundles and backpacks, in full view of everyone. The PN just watch them walk past.......
More like operation cullender......

Oh, and I live 100kms ( I think, maybe less) from the border. So lots of opportunities along the road to stop them.
Perhaps they are the ones that had some pesos or $ or € or ? ( or anything else that can be traded ), as a buffer against the shield......

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Oh, and I live 100kms ( I think, maybe less) from the border. So lots of opportunities along the road to stop them.
Perhaps they are the ones that had some pesos or $ or € or ? ( or anything else that can be traded ), as a buffer against the shield......

The ways of Operation Shield are mysterious.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
That's good but unfortunately there are already 100s of thousands of them, illegals, in the country

So what if they are already in the country.

2000 a month could easily start the process.

prevent Haitians from accessing schools and hospitals.

raid the worksites.

do not issue any visas to haitians.....the few legals will encourage the illegals.

put an end to these cross-border markets. haitians are using them as excuses to enter DR.

If there is a will, there will be a way.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I crack up when I see dominicans posting about la patria and "soy dominicano" and how they need to protect their country and seal the border. yet, when there is talk of US sealing border, we are racist.

We all know the dominicans are soooooo respectful of other countries immigration laws. . . . .

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I crack up when I see dominicans posting about la patria and "soy dominicano" and how they need to protect their country and seal the border. yet, when there is talk of US sealing border, we are racist.

We all know the dominicans are soooooo respectful of other countries immigration laws. . . . .

what has it to do with Dominicans when some countries name your country racist for sealing a border?
in the actual situation i guess it a good tool to close the daily border trade crossings. let only cross who travels with a vaild passport and pays its Tourist Cards for entry. as fact those many illegals crossing the border on daily bases in both directions do not fall down from the skies, they just cross the border and no immigrations officer asks them for anything else than a few pesos in the pocket.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
seal the border? dominicans cannot even seal the leak under my kitchen sink.

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Anyways this is from a completely outsiders view but here goes.

Haiti is in one heck of a mess. Thats undeniable right? From economics to education and from environmental to political...Its just one huge disaster. Then you pile on the massive destruction from the earthquake and its like living hell.

They need help, the Haitians need sooo much and they deserve it. They deserve sound leadership and access to all basic needs. Theres no perfect plan that i know of that exists...

If the borders are not protected as much as possible, Haiti's problems hecome the D.R's problem and as far as I can see they dont have surplus to deal with such migration. I know if I was Haitian I would be doing everything I can do to escape. Wouldnt you?

That would destablize the entire region. It would have to. It's sad but the Haitan people need to be help some other way. From what ive read there is already more then a million there now?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I,, should go there and fix.....lead and guide them.....King Chic the Ist... ( Could be pres. chic ):squareeye

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Actually i find it difficult to believe 22 k a day? a week? #'s are off something wrong...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i wonder from where they got the necessary vehicles and drivers to transport 22K detainees away in one single day? would be a few hundred Busloads even if you staple them one over an other in those yellow busses.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i replaced the pipes on the basis that old tuberia is bound to leak anyways. :eek:gre:

it would be impossible to sufficiently seal the border. even if you put a wall and pair it with a moat full of sharks you would find it impossible to patrol the area. and soon enough all sharks would be eaten and the wall would have more holes than swiss cheese. DR cannot keep the haitians out and it cannot afford to keep them in.

i've already suggested that international community that b*tches about treatment of haitians should allow haitians to travel visa free to europe/america and deal with them there. put your money where your mouth is.