Where may I buy a stun gun/taser?

lone cub

Mar 1, 2013
Hello dr1 community! I was wondering where in the capital might I purchase stun gun or taser or even pepper spray. Also, what are the laws regarding possession of any of these on and off the streets? As a foreigner is there some sort of special process?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
My understanding--from a Dominican friend--is that pepper spray is illegal. One can carry hairspray or deodorant, which elicits the same effect. But I imagine tazer/stun things are in a class all their own.

I'd talk with a lawyer. I know that the laws about carrying a pistol changed in Jan.. Concealed vs. unconcealed, and perhaps a basic proficiency test. My Dominican manager has been speaking with me about it.

Fritzler

Jan 20, 2015
Looked it up and no restrictions on pepper spray, and even if there was the law says you have a right to protect yourself.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
OK--He did live in Amsterdam for a long time. I myself have never carried pepper spray, but I always have a small schpritzy perfune or citronella thing. G*d only knows if I would ever find it in time......

BUT, OMG! I don't want to take the thread off-topic!!!!!:eek:

Fritzler

Jan 20, 2015
OK--He did live in Amsterdam for a long time. I myself have never carried pepper spray, but I always have a small schpritzy perfune or citronella thing. G*d only knows if I would ever find it in time......

So you plan to spray the thug with perfume so he smells good, nice plan :)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There is a place in santiago that sell's bad asss pepper spray gunes it can shoute this thick spray 20 feet and has a lazer sight on it it was truley bad ass ....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Criminals in the capitol are like animals. Pepper spray or tazer/ stun gun won't quite cut it. If you pull out a can of pepper spray on one of these thugs, you are probably going to regret it. Your better off buying a gun and learning how to use it.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Supermarket national sells pepper spray, in santiago. But I imagine in SD too.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I got searched when bringing my stun baton through PUJ and they didn't confiscate it, so I'm going with the concept that it is legal to have here in-country.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

i like a pepper spray, i have carried one and you have to remember to be familiar with it....where is it on your person.. should be accessible, like a weapon...ready to use.. know how to use buy two of them ...try one...and remember they do have a shelf life with the aerosol power...