Looking for a classic car, willing to pay a finder's fee if I buy!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Looking for american muscle car between 1967-1972.. Chevelle is the preferred model but I will settle for other models in that year range.. Condition of the vehicle doesn't matter, if I need to I'll even tow it from the capital to Santiago.. Willing to pay a finder's fee if I find something I like and decide to buy! I know it's a long shot but I figured having more eyes on the lookout can't hurt.. Project car is preferred as I already have someone offering me a restored 1971 Chevelle but he did a lot of things to it that I don't really like and expects the buyer to pay a premium for his taste..

I have seen multiple 4 door impalas and chevelles but I need it to be a 2 door.. Thanks everyone!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
4 doors are for taxis stop with the 2 door bis....very rare in d.r. all dom want 4 doors to let their momas in the back...

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
Looking for american muscle car between 1967-1972.. Chevelle is the preferred model but I will settle for other models in that year range.. Condition of the vehicle doesn't matter, if I need to I'll even tow it from the capital to Santiago.. Willing to pay a finder's fee if I find something I like and decide to buy! I know it's a long shot but I figured having more eyes on the lookout can't hurt.. Project car is preferred as I already have someone offering me a restored 1971 Chevelle but he did a lot of things to it that I don't really like and expects the buyer to pay a premium for his taste..

I have seen multiple 4 door impalas and chevelles but I need it to be a 2 door.. Thanks everyone!

I'm hoping to move to the North Coast this summer. I have a 1973 Corvette I would like to bring with me. Maybe even sell. Are classic cars allowed to be brought into the country? I know the 5 year old law now but wondered if they had any exceptions for classic cars. Thx Matt

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
yes you can bring classic cars into country. I do not know about non running project cars.

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
let me find out. this is what guys tell me here in town that have collector cars because I wanted to bring one.

Jan 9, 2004
let me find out. this is what guys tell me here in town that have collector cars because I wanted to bring one.

The reason I ask is because I have been told by the President one of the aforementioned old car clubs that the rule is 25 years....and there are exceptions to that as well.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
ok I sent an email to him but you may be right at 25. I thought he said 30 but I have been wrong before. I will see if he can find something in writing

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
they want their taxes ....classic or not... 3500$ its ok its 4 x the price of a motorbike plus a little bit...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
anyone see a 1969 datsun 2000 roadster convert.. last seen by me in p.p.?

Jan 9, 2004
I have also been told 30 years.

A few years ago, I was told by Dominican Customs the vehicle has to be in good condition, I had to have a letter from the president of CAACRD certifying the vehicle was a classic, and the tax on the vehicle was a flat $3500 dollars.

It still could be 30...but I was told 25. But that is to bring anything in...like a Plymouth Horizon.

For a period of time after the law was passed, one could import a vehicle older than 5 years,(the original age limit), but the taxes on it would be the same as a 5 year old model.

That was for a few short years after they lowered the import age from 7 to 5.

However, the exceptions can be very interesting.

I have been told that 90's Nissan 300ZX's qualify....as do Mazda RX-7's. Certainly the newer exotics....MacClaren, Lamborghini et al fit into the category.

It is what the President of one of these Car Clubs thinks....and whether he can convince customs.

One of my clients is trying to bring a Delorean in. The catch is its a new Delorean with an 80's title. They are/were being built in Texas with leftover and new parts from Deloreans demise. You clearly recognize it as new...yet the title is from the 80's.

Classics can also be defined by style and not necessarily by age.

To the OP, I have asked my car dealer clients in the DR to be on the lookout for you.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It still could be 30...but I was told 25. But that is to bring anything in...like a Plymouth Horizon.

That was for a few short years after they lowered the import age from 7 to 5.

However, the exceptions can be very interesting.

I have been told that 90's Nissan 300ZX's qualify....as do Mazda RX-7's. Certainly the newer exotics....MacClaren, Lamborghini et al fit into the category.

It is what the President of one of these Car Clubs thinks....and whether he can convince customs.

One of my clients is trying to bring a Delorean in. The catch is its a new Delorean with an 80's title. They are/were being built in Texas with leftover and new parts from Deloreans demise. You clearly recognize it as new...yet the title is from the 80's.

To the OP, I have asked my car dealer clients in the DR to be on the lookout for you.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

playa, when i was getting ready to ship my stuff here, i had to get rid of a car; my 1979 BMW 528I. it was 25 years old, and had 4200 miles on it. they would not let me bring it in; said it was too old.

i gave it to the guy who packed my boxes for shipping.

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
JDJONES
The CAACRD member I talked to at car show told me same. I have searched for info on this and cannot find anything.

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015

almost all governing agencies go by age not opinion of whats a classic. Classic is over used. To me a 1965 rambler American is not a classic. Same as Muscle Car. To me Mustang and Camaro is not a muscle car and never were advertised as one. They came late in the game. People just started calling them that to sell them