Please Advice on small 4 day Vacation Getaway!!

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
Hi everyone!!.

I recently just moved to the DR, after living outside of it almost my entire life. It has been a freaking ride to say the least.... I am learning as I go. Special thanks go to Frank12 and Cobraboy for all their help.

I have a very close friend flying down this weekend, and I am trying to figure out where to take her where it won't cost me a small fortune. after been rehabing my house for the past 2 months, I got to watch my budget.

Ideal places to go would be Bavaro, Las Terrenas, or in the worst case Puerto Plata area.
Has anyone had the experience with AI, prices, and such in PC or Bavaro? I totally detest the idea, but my friend is very used to amenities so must bite my tongue... what are the best prices for a 4 day... package? which hotesl...? who to contact?

What about in Las terrenas? small cozy affordable hotel?.... what to do there? what are prices like?

and in the worst case scenario... the puerto plata area? what to do , where to go/ stay? Remenber I am on a budget and most likely I will foot the entire bill.

thanks in advance for all of your input. I appreciate it.
oceanspear.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi everyone!!.

I recently just moved to the DR, after living outside of it almost my entire life. It has been a freaking ride to say the least.... I am learning as I go. Special thanks go to Frank12 and Cobraboy for all their help.

I have a very close friend flying down this weekend, and I am trying to figure out where to take her where it won't cost me a small fortune. after been rehabing my house for the past 2 months, I got to watch my budget.

Ideal places to go would be Bavaro, Las Terrenas, or in the worst case Puerto Plata area.
Has anyone had the experience with AI, prices, and such in PC or Bavaro? I totally detest the idea, but my friend is very used to amenities so must bite my tongue... what are the best prices for a 4 day... package? which hotesl...? who to contact?

What about in Las terrenas? small cozy affordable hotel?.... what to do there? what are prices like?

and in the worst case scenario... the puerto plata area? what to do , where to go/ stay? Remenber I am on a budget and most likely I will foot the entire bill.

oceanspear.

I would definitely take here to Las Terrenas. You might try Hotel Colibri or Hotel Aleisi which are both on Playa Las Ballenas or on Playa Bonita Hotel Atlantis. You can google hotels Las Terrenas and get an idea of availability and prices. There are many great restaurants. Try Yuca Caliente for Italian. It is very good.

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
thanks LT Steve!... what about the snorkeling trips and nightlife? maybe the hotspots? things to do during the daytime?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
thanks LT Steve!... what about the snorkeling trips and nightlife? maybe the hotspots? things to do during the daytime?

If you have snorkeling equipment you can go right off Playa Ballenas down past Hotel Colibri. There are also tours to Cascada Limon, Limon Falls, you can horseback in, Whale watching tours in Samana City, book with Kim Beddell(go on line and google her) or go to Coson to Luis' Restaurant for lunch. They grill lobster, shrimp, chicken . It is right on the beach and very laid back. Wear your bathing suits and swim and have drinks while you wait for your meal. They are not open for dinner. There are also 4 wheeler tours in the Las Terrenas area. Another good place to go for drinks and tapas(appetizers and dinner is Mojitos' a Cuban restaurant on Playa Popi. If you like history go to the Taino museum which is a few miles outside of Samana City. It is very well done with many diaramas of native life and how the Spanish invasion affected this. There is plenty to do and see. At night try a bar in Fisherman's Village.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Las Terenas is a good choice. There are many lower cost places to stay. Colibri and Aleisi are great but if your budget is tight there are many options. Nightlife and restaurants and things to do all good as shown above.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lifestyle haciendas in POP has occasional all inclusive offers for very little money. the only must is that the guests have american/european passports and the payment is done with american/european credit card. few weeks ago i saw 20 dollars per night deal. it would cost you more to stay at home...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Anyone seen any good deals on hotels in samana/ Lt ?? Last week februrary first week march....
Tried colibri and aleisi as suggested by ltsteve, 3 nights 1000$ by night taxes included.......ermmmmm and I need 2 rooms......1900$, I can live comftably for a month with that.......

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Malko, try the Oasis Hotel and Playa Caribe...no frills but clean and by the beach (never stayed there myself but heard about them).

There is also Casa del mar Neptunia which is 2,500 RD/night (breakfast included). I stayed there it is small, well run, and close to everything (no pool). In the same street, I also stayed El Torcido Holiday Rentals - El Torcido Holiday Rentals which is good as well.

Bonne Chance !

Last edited:

Teddy-gypsy

Oct 11, 2017
Hi everyone!!.

oceanspear.

Miguel it's Danny from Florida I forgot your email address I remember oceanspear (which is how I found you here) but couldn't remember the hotmail/aol or w/e it was lol, anyway just checking up on you seems you left Florida only to be bombarded by hurricanes in the DR. Hope all is well, & that you & your home are safe.