New Super Pola on Ave Republica de Colombia

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A new US-suburban style shopping center is under construction on Republica de Colombia (same avenue of the US Embassy) and will include a Super Pola.

If can't see the images in full, right-click each image and open in new tab.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

http://es.slideshare.net/bachatus/p...e-la-embajada-de-estados-unidos?nomobile=true

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Traffic in that area does gets somewhat heavy at times, especially at the intersection with the road that connects to the cemetery (the shopping center will be in that area), and with all the new residential projects under construction it will only get worse.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's where I lived, and the reason I sold and moved elsewhere. The traffic is unbearable.
That whole area is filling up with new giant moderate density middle class developments such as this one:

[video=youtube;7udzTjZQj9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udzTjZQj9Y[/video]

While the access roads built by the government are simply not designed to handle the ever growing traffic and much of the area is still green. While that may seem good for now, none of those areas are designated scientific reserves or national/urban parks, and that leaves them open for more massive middle class car dependent developments.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
That's a nice complex. I have a very good friend who lives there and loves it. It seems like a great option for families; he and his wife have two young children.

Is it me, or does the baseball diamond REALLY favor right-handed hitters? ;-)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In the Redici?n de Cuentas 2015 the president mentioned that soon work will start on the expansion of the Rep?blica de Colombia. I don't know if by expansion he means adding new lanes or expanding the route of the road towards somewhere.