Cost / location of full head/body pet/ct scan?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Does anyone know the Cost / location of full head/body pet/ct scan in the DR? Do they do it at HOMS? Also, how would one go about getting the best cash gringo price? thank you

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I don't know if it helps but the day before yesterday a tomographia cost my wife rd$ 1400 at the Polyclinic Union in Nagua compared to rd$ 4000 quoted in San. Dom.

morganstern

Jun 4, 2014
I had an MRI two weeks ago...hips. It was done in Santiago for 7000 pesos. And I have found that by being a little careful that you will find lots of medical care where there is only one charge, meaning there is no 'gringo price'

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Morning Luperon. I have had to go through many scans over the past few years. CMC and HOMS both have everything for the CT Scans and MRIs...i forget the costs off hand but above number seems about right. As for the PET - yes they have the machine in SD at CRESSA but they are having a problem with what they inject you with - cost here I was told was 1900 US$. I had to fly to Miami a few weeks back since the one here could not perform the PET without the serum...hope this helps...tom

May 20, 2012
Just got an insane bill in B?varo. Had a CT scan with contrast for kidney stones. One scan, but since the doctor wrote "abdomen and pelvis" they charged for two! I bitched, but they had me since was done. And the cost for each was $350, so $700.

In Santiago a couple years ago had an MRI with contrast for exact same purpose and it was $205.

Also the urologist in B?varo charged $250 for office visit compared with $50 in Santiago.

Lesson learned? Stay out of B?varo medical facilities unless you want to pay American prices.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you are talking about different scans, guys, apart from twhitehead.

May 20, 2012
I totally agree with you! But I am curious as to why you are so certain....are you in that field?

I was there and there was ONLY one scan. But there were two separate "reports" from the Radiologist. One labeled pelvis and one labeled abdomen! I argued, talked to the manager, etc. with no success. I was tempted to just not pay the double charge.

This was at Centro Medico Punta Cana.
Abdomen/Pelvis is the name of one scan, trust me I know this one!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I totally agree with you! But I am curious as to why you are so certain....are you in that field?

I was there and there was ONLY one scan. But there were two separate "reports" from the Radiologist. One labeled pelvis and one labeled abdomen! I argued, talked to the manager, etc. with no success. I was tempted to just not pay the double charge.

This was at Centro Medico Punta Cana.

CT ABD/PELVIS COMBO is the test ordered for kidney stones in the USA, multiple reports can and are generated, my radiologist B.I.L. told me it is one scan, and he reads 5- 10 a day. Radiology bills by the scan, not reports generated.

I am also a patient that is looking at my bill and report on several scans, you are welcome to read them.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Morning Luperon. I have had to go through many scans over the past few years. CMC and HOMS both have everything for the CT Scans and MRIs...i forget the costs off hand but above number seems about right. As for the PET - yes they have the machine in SD at CRESSA but they are having a problem with what they inject you with - cost here I was told was 1900 US$. I had to fly to Miami a few weeks back since the one here could not perform the PET without the serum...hope this helps...tom

Thanks, what was the problem with the serum? Was the $1900 quoted the total cost and was it full body and head?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks, what was the problem with the serum? Was the $1900 quoted the total cost and was it full body and head?

The serum has a very limited shelf life and they have a hard time getting it here and using it before it goes bad. Yes that was the price give for full body and head...you will also require a script from your doc...Tom