Tourist card online

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Has anyone purchased a tourist card via the online site? I attempted to do this, as I heard the line to purchase one upon arrival at PUJ can be long. Everything appeared to process normally, but I wasn't directed to another site, and got not e-mail. Checked my bank account, and nothing pertaining to the card has processed.
Is this just another dominican anomaly?

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
I buy them all the time when I have to go to the States for work. I have found that if there is something wrong with the credit card (you don't enter the number correctly, the CCV doesn't match or the postal code doesn't match), it just bombs without really telling you what the problem is.

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
I use it a lot also and for awhile I had trouble with the "incripted letters" that you had to type in the message box. I double check everything twice now before sending and it doesn't give me a problem anymore.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
why on earth would you like to do it ? queque in Punta Cana is maybe 30 minutes MAX....Sending your cc info to just another place on internet is just another possibility for some malicious guys to steal it..by hacking the Database. maybe especially to the DB that is managed by dominican government (ha ha) - if that's the case here. ..
+I see a lot of many other reasons not to do it....
Has anyone purchased a tourist card via the online site? I attempted to do this, as I heard the line to purchase one upon arrival at PUJ can be long. Everything appeared to process normally, but I wasn't directed to another site, and got not e-mail. Checked my bank account, and nothing pertaining to the card has processed.
Is this just another dominican anomaly?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I had my parents buy the tourist card online when they came through PUJ last week. They spent a long time in the line anyway until they realized they already had the tourist card.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
In Santiago the line is nevr long but I don't trust my luggage is safe. Fill out the card and get to your luggage faster. Our luggage was lost once and we waited in the office with someone who had a bag stolen. I'm not so much of a plan ahead person tho, so I doubt I'll ever use the online form.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
For me it's faster and I'm ok with the frequent convenience benefit outweighing the risk of hacking. I never check luggage and know where to stand on the bus to get off first...last time I think it was less than 30 minutes from the door of the plane being opened to the door of the car being opened.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
When you fly from Canada the tourist card is always INCLUDED in the price of the ticket. They hand them out on the plane.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Well, being american, I guess its a phobia of sorts to wait in line. I've heard that the line at PUJ can be long. I'll be on island for 6 days, so 30 minutes won't kill me.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Well, being american, I guess its a phobia of sorts to wait in line. I've heard that the line at PUJ can be long. I'll be on island for 6 days, so 30 minutes won't kill me.

Agree. If it was something that I did every once in a while, it wouldn't kill me either. When you do it frequently, these little things help.

When you get off of the plane, go to the first bus, and stand by the doors on the right (facing the front of the bus), you'll be off first, in the line first, and on your way first (with the new terminal, immigration is on the lower level, and haven't used the jetways for arrivals on any of my trips).

Enjoy your trip!