Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need an Excellent English Speaking Tour Guide in Colonial Zone

I'm looking for an American, Canadian or British tour guide in the Colonial Zone (Santo Domingo), to do walking tours of the zone. Two conditions are that a) they must be a member of the tour guides association / union - evidently you need to do a long course to qualify or be friends with someone important - and b) they must have English as a mother-tongue.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

is this a Job? offer pay? i have a f.friend in s.d. that will qualify

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TropicalPaul;1531102]I'm looking for an American, Canadian or British tour guide in the Colonial Zone (Santo Domingo), to do walking tours of the zone. Two conditions are that a) they must be a member of the tour guides association / union - evidently you need to do a long course to qualify or be friends with someone important - and b) they must have English as a mother-tongue.[/QUOTE

There are plenty of them waiting to give tours in Columbus Plaza, between the old church and El Conde de Penallba Hotel. Even as an official tour guide remember that they also have an agenda. They will give you a good tour and also try to take you to a couple of shops. They get a kick back if you buy anything, such as, cigars or souvenirs.The tour guides are Dominican. Why would you think they would be otherwise. Most are bi-lingual or tri-lingual.
    You can tell them, up front, that you are not interested in shopping and that may stop them from bringing you to various shops. Good luck.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

(duplicate)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    is this a Job? offer pay? i have a f.friend in s.d. that will qualify
    Yes, we are paying. Please can you speak to your friend to see if they are interested, and then PM me if they are. Thanks