Looking for a Great Steak Place in Large City or Small Town

Lexi2339

Jan 15, 2015
Hello,

I am looking for a great place to get a great steak. I don't mean a steak that is a food distributor like we get in
The US. I mean a small restaurant that is known for great food and maybe in a smaller town or not well know. I can speak and understand spanish quite good. I will be in Santiago, San Francisco and Puerto Plata for 3 weeks on business. I don't mind driving out of the way for a great place to eat.

If someone can help me out I would appreciate o
It.

Lexi2339

Jan 15, 2015
Looking for a Great Steak place to eat. Big or Small town

Hello,

I am looking for a great place to get a great steak. I don't mean a steak that is a food distributor like we get in
The US. I mean a small restaurant that is known for great food and maybe in a smaller town or not well know. I can speak and understand spanish quite good. I will be in Santiago, San Francisco and Puerto Plata for 3 weeks on business. I don't mind driving out of the way for a great place to eat.

If someone can help me out I would appreciate
It.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
There is a real nice place in Cabrera (about an hour north of Puerto Plata) called Babanoocos (Spelled phonetically). Rustic feel and great food.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Absolutely without question, the best steak I've had in the DR -- Le Papillon Restaurant near Cofresi. Owner Thomas Ackermann, 809-970-7640. Closed Mondays, Opens at 6 pm, I believe.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Someone will be able to help you, I am sure. But coming to the DR for steak is like going to Kansas for oysters.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Papillon has very good beef and you should enjoy yourself there. I have not been there this year but have taken friends in the past and everyone enjoyed their meal.

champ

Dec 2, 2006
Papion in alto cofresi is the best steak and lobster in the DR,,best I have ever had ,you won't be disappointed ,,first class,,make a reservation

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
papillon is great. i love tartare there. expect 20 dollars a plate minimum.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
a great steak in the DR is a chicken with teeth. The climate here is too hot. Grass fed beef in the DR is "utility beef". Stringy and tough. Only option is imported and then its frozen and really old. The DR has good chicken, beans and beautiful women. Focus on what is available.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Rancho Steakhouse in Santiago

yeh good ive been there plenty of times 3 peeps one big eater 135$us... i always recco trying two different entries and sharing...but depends who you go with. i think one good entre was the pork tenderloin medium...salads good...baked pot good...had steak once d.r is not famous for steak....but try

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I hear David Crocketts is now closed. Is there a similar high end chophouse in Santo Domingo.

PS time to update the thread....