Fake baby to prevent teenage pregnancies

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Our pediatrician told us today that his teenage daughters received in school a fake baby that cries at all moments of the day either to be fed, change diaper or whatever else is needed.

The idea is to make teenagers realize that having a baby is my necessarily nice, especially not when you are 14 or 16 and want to hang out with children.

I only hope it does have as a side effect that the teenagers won't have children when they are older either.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think crying is the least of the problems. one can just use ear plugs. i can sleep through house alarm going off, let alone a crying kid. the fake baby should come with "suck money" function with a teenager finding herself sans cash, phone minutes and salon allowance.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's a First Lady's Office initiative for high school kids. I wonder how they measure its success.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It won't work here in the DR.
The girls mother's will have to take care of it!!!!!
Daughters will be out making "REAL BABIES"!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
I sow that fake baby, the female son of a friend of mine in the capital had it when I visited him last year.
It's like a weekend homework.

The baby is nice, it has many sensors, temperature, sounds around him, movements, accelerometers, it needs care as a real baby.
It get hungry, it cries, you have to feed it, and change clothes. It has his own bed. You have to respect its needs and its times.

All you do with this babe is recorded and is downloaded by usb connection at school, so the evaluation can be on real datas.
It automatically switch off at 22.30 to let the family and the student sleep.

I do not know why they are doing this, but the baby seems like real.

Bye, Jazz21

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
No, the doctor specifically said it was to teach them that having a baby at that age is not nice. By the way, it didn't switch off in the night he said.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i had such task at school i'd dig the batteries out of my "baby" in one minute flat. truly idiotic task.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Many of the teenage girls who do get pregnant are familiar with real babies in their extended families and should already know that they involve a lot of work and sleepless nights, so this doll thing does seem like a futile exercise. After all, in real life, despite seeing the young women in their families making that particular mistake and witnessing the consequences, so many of them still repeat it.
Like the poorer girls foisting their babies onto their mothers, I'm sure that some of the middle class kids (boys as well as girls are given the dolls) give the doll to the maid to deal with anyway, just like they will when they have real babies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exactly. grown up adult women all over the world know very well the kids will screw up their bodies, work schedules and bank accounts yet they still decide to have children. knowing that your life will drastically change does not diminish the desire and need to pop out babies. but them toy dolls are a good way to steal some cash from the state.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When my youngest son was in high school they gave both the boys and girls a raw egg to take home for the weekend. Can't remember now if his egg made it back in one piece. Later they thought the doll would be a better idea guess.

He doesn,t have any of his kids yet but he is great with kids and the one that didn't get eggs or dolls in HS did great woth hjis own 3 but the credit goes to the wonderful mother he has :laugh:

I'm bored ok

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
they should have a dead beat boyfriend as a husband ..lay with the wrong guy (doll) who does nothing for you/them...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
exactly. grown up adult women all over the world know very well the kids will screw up their bodies, work schedules and bank accounts yet they still decide to have children. knowing that your life will drastically change does not diminish the desire and need to pop out babies. but them toy dolls are a good way to steal some cash from the state.

It is geared Towards teenage girls not grown up adult women. I can see the need in Europe or the US (watch an episode of 16 and pregnant to see how clueless teeneagers are), but not sure about the DR since the babies end up with the abuelos anyway.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
africaida, what i mean is that knowing how it sucks will not prevent the teens from banging like rabbits and having kids anyways.

but chic is into something. get them deadbeat baby daddy toy instead. you gotta feed it with la bandera and beer and it will slap you around a bit if you do bad. and should you decide to leave the doll without attention it chases you down to your parents house and shoots you in the head.