where to find plexiglass and how to ask

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
What store can I go to in STI for plexiglass cut to size?

I tried Bellon but possibly I asked incorrectly.

I think in some countries it is called perspec; I think it is polycarbonate.

I am building a radio and I plan to use plexiglass for the case so the parts are visible.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

I am building a radio and I plan to use plexiglass for the case so the parts are visible.

is plexi good for rejecting interference?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's called plexiglass in spanish too. ochoa sells it, i just called them. sheet of 4 ft x 8 ft, in transparent finish cost 3,603 pesos. they also sell half or quarter sheet but they do not have a machine to cut it to your specs. the guy who talked to me said it is also called "mika" (spelling?).

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
it's called plexiglass in spanish too. ochoa sells it, i just called them. sheet of 4 ft x 8 ft, in transparent finish cost 3,603 pesos. they also sell half or quarter sheet but they do not have a machine to cut it to your specs. the guy who talked to me said it is also called "mika" (spelling?).

DV8 thank you. Tom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are very welcome. the guy understood me all right over the phone and my first question was simply "usted venden plexiglass?"

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

Bellon actually has a better selection in STI. When you walk in, go to the small store that sells mirrors/picture frames etc that's near the cafeteria. She has a small sample sheet of all the different thicknesses of plexiglass that they sell, there's like 10 different options.