Foreigner with Head Injuries

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this guy (it is a man, right?) should have his head examined. not only because of riding a bike in DR hand helmet but because those injuries can be nasty. a person could look and feel fine for a day or two while the brain is swelling.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
uh, oh, DonP be cutting dv8s grass. Helmets? Pleeeeeeeeeeease. You a newbie and still thinking first world? A helmet is something that hangs from the handle bar in case you see or hear the Amet writing tickets.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
34pevz4.jpg

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
helmets,,,i wear em and i dont wear em....i have small bikes and big ones....when im in my area and going to colmado 2 blocks away....i tend not to wear it...go to city on a bigger machine wear it...

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
[video=youtube;CQdnn4QZ8Kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdnn4QZ8Kk[/video]

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
helmets,,,i wear em and i dont wear em....i have small bikes and big ones....when im in my area and going to colmado 2 blocks away....i tend not to wear it...go to city on a bigger machine wear it...

Your logic, Sir is absurd. You could recieve just as deadly blow to the head on a small bike going to the Colmado as a big bike on the open road. In fact, most accidents happen close to home. That is a fact. Just saying.....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Your logic, Sir is absurd. You could recieve just as deadly blow to the head on a small bike going to the Colmado as a big bike on the open road. In fact, most accidents happen close to home. That is a fact. Just saying.....

logic? surely you jest.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Most vehicle accidents occur within a few short miles from home, during the quick trips that we make most often. The pavement at the first intersection from your driveway is just as hard as the pavement 50 miles away.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We have plenty of dumb people and they should be allowed to not wear a helmet no matter where they are going.

May 29, 2006
I've known a couple ppl who've had head injuries. They can look fine and then collapse a day to three days later. If you blackout at all from hitting a hard surface, get checked out. The actress Natasha Richardson died from ski bump and had no symptoms for the first day.

Very often the brain injury is opposite the side of the impact. The brain hits the opposite side of the skull from the inside.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
had a friend who was a doctor and should have known better. Riding his bicycle on the sidewalk when a large dog charged at him. Fell off the bicycle and struck his head on the cement. Nearly died from the head injury. Took over a year for him to return to a normal life. What was interesting is that it changed his personality and he was very different after his recovery. Taught me a lesson and I wear a bicycle helmet.

May 29, 2006
Yes, you can get depression, loss of mental ability and other kinds of mental changes from a whack. Frontline has an episode on what it's been doing to football players. Unfortunately one of the effects is your judgement is impaired so you end up driving or think you'll be fine. You can't feel a brain injury. The brain swells and then there's more damage.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I've never seen a passenger on a concho wearing a helmet. I've never heard of anyone refusing a lift unless a helmet is provided. I have never seen a helmet in DR on a concho that I would ever risk wearing. The chances of you catching some form of infestation from a conchos helmet outweigh the possability of crashing and banging yourhead. So I figureyour safer not wearing a helmet that is privded by the concho.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
In Samana lots of the motoconchos have been outfitted with a buggy/cart in the back. Definitely a lot safer for everyone involved.