Please help, 3 legged kitten in sorry state needs you!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
So once again my heart strings were ripped out. I heard this crying coming from a bin bag, lying in the baking sun. Went over ripped the bag open and found a little kitten with one of its back legs ripped off at the knee, half its hair missing and covered in glue of some sort.
So I did my duty, took it home, gave her a bath, cleaned up its stump which had just been left to heel naturally, the skin has grown over a little, I'd say it is about a 2 week old injury. And it cant be that old as it still thinks it has it, scratching and walking like the leg is there. obviously she's a bit of a stumbler and has not mastered three legs yet and so absolutely no way she can fend for herself.
So i re-hydrated and fed her, gave her plenty of HUGS and she is a lovely little thing, just needs a little love and a home at least until she can hunt, once she can master 3 legs which is a way off.

A sorry state. I can not keep, I am leaving soon, very soon, and my options are only to put her on the street where she will starve, or be attacked, she's very slow, cant jump, nor much else.

Can someone take her in, at least till she can fend for herself. Cats are fine here when they are able to hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I'm near the Capital. I am not really even looking for a permanent home, but would be nice. This little girl judt needs fed up, rehydrated, these burns from this glue allowed to heel and learns to catch dinner for itself. It can even just life in your garden, just provide food and water, she can't won't go far.

I put her out under a bush in the morning and she stays there till the night waiting for my return. She's a spevial little fighter.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is awkward, I can post unless I join the group, and the join request is not instant. I leave at the weekend so its looking grim for the kitten unless something or someone happens.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Dog Hoarder in Progress

Bless your heart JD! :)

I've offered by PM to take her in and continue the search. In my home I have 4 dogs and a street dog. The street dog is the mother of my 2 year old. I'm holding her while I await an appointment at Padela to fix her (esterilizar).

They would love to snack on the kitten but I have the space and time to take her in, isolate her and seek a permanent solution.

Hug will call me around 1 or 2.

If anyone can offer a permanent home I can work with you patiently.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I've offered by PM to take her in and continue the search. In my home I have 4 dogs and a street dog. The street dog is the mother of my 2 year old. I'm holding her while I await an appointment at Padela to fix her (esterilizar).

They would love to snack on the kitten but I have the space and time to take her in, isolate her and seek a permanent solution.

Hug will call me around 1 or 2.

If anyone can offer a permanent home I can work with you patiently.

Celt, you have a heart of gold.;) If I would've been living in the DR I would've taken this poor kitten in a heart beat.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Round of applause for Celt please, he came to our rescue superheroesq. Lovely guy, kittens hit a home run this week, or for sure would be dead some days ago.
My appologies to Celt that it was a bit of a drop and go exchange rsther than sit, have a drink. But as you can see, I'm all over the place trying to get everything ready and organized to leave, which now kitten is gone will be tomorrow. As usual I relish the last minute dash, albeit a bit much.

But thanks again Celt, and the rest of you guys I've met over the years, helping these creatures out, the DR is a better place for your efforts.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
@HUG

Where you are heading, back to the UK?

Well, I'm heading to Bavaro to kick back for a short while, regen n all. Then yes, off to the UK with my daughter, see how the education system, snow and security suits her.

I'll be back in a few months, but never to live again. Too many years of too much BS, time for pastures new, and why not, there is a whole world out there.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, I'm heading to Bavaro to kick back for a short while, regen n all. Then yes, off to the UK with my daughter, see how the education system, snow and security suits her.

I'll be back in a few months, but never to live again. Too many years of too much BS, time for pastures new, and why not, there is a whole world out there.

Good luck :)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The kitten is alert and curious. She was purring in the car.

The kitten is with my vet. She will give her a medicated bath and hold her overnight. My vet said the kitten is about 3 1/2 months old and has mites. At the vet's recommendation I bought a pipeta of Advantage Multi and will give it to her tomorrow.

I'll take some pictures and post them when I pick her up.

Hug saved her life. I'm the mailman.

8069625_f260.jpg

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Ok, so as I am sitting here cursing the two cats we already have....that sneak in every time I open the door.....I will take the kitten on a permanent basis if she can be transported here. I may be able to help with arrangements as my husband will be in the capital this weekend. It would be a "community" cat, safe within the walls of my small complex, and fed and taken care of by the gardener. (And spoiled by everyone else). Pm me if interested. I am in Bavaro.

Last edited:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Ok, so as I am sitting here cursing the two cats we already have....that sneak in every time I open the door.....I will take the kitten on a permanent basis if she can be transported here. I may be able to help with arrangements as my husband will be in the capital this weekend. It would be a "community" cat, safe within the walls of my small complex, and fed and taken care of by the gardener. (And spoiled by everyone else). Pm me if interested. I am in Bavaro.

I sent you a PM.

I'll post some pictures of the kitten later today.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
That would be great, but maybe a little recoup would be needed before going public. Right now she looks like a typical throw away cat, one a Dom would have no second thoughts about throwing away in a plastic bag, again. Very scruffy, broken tail, missing leg, no hair from mid body to head, seeping skin, amazing personality and in my experienc3 with her just loves the security of indoors, although like I said, I would put her under a bush in the morning and she woukdn't move all day, hiding in the leaves.
It's great so much consideration for this cat, I've never had a response nor help as fast as this before, great stuff.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My vet called me. She took care of the cat overnight and wants to keep her. I can't refuse her. She works with me when I am able to gain the confidence of street females and bring them to Padela to be fixed. She keeps them while they recover and doesn't charge me.

The cat will be well taken care of as a house cat. I apologize for reneging on DRdreaming. If I find a kitten you will be at the top of the list with right of first refusal. I've been here 12 1/2 years and there are always puppies and kittens in need of homes.

My vet's kids will dote on the little survivor that Hug found.