Photographic Print of the Monument

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
So I have decided to do my upstairs hallway like I see in the airport, professional photographic prints of different places in the DR. I really want one of the Monument in Santiago and cannot find one. I have looked on many photo and art sites.
I seem to remember a poster here who took many beautiful prints and sold them but cannot remember the name. Anyone remember or know how I can get in touch with him? Or does anyone have an idea where I can get a professional photographic print of the monument, size 24x18 or 24x16?
I have one I got off of the Internet but Magnacolor said that because of the quality it would look awful blown up to that size.

Thanks,
SHALENA

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Why not go all in and put up a poster of the monument in Rome that outdoes a birthday cake.

2capf6.jpg

I think it inspired the monument in Santiago.

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So I have decided to do my upstairs hallway like I see in the airport, professional photographic prints of different places in the DR. I really want one of the Monument in Santiago and cannot find one. I have looked on many photo and art sites.
I seem to remember a poster here who took many beautiful prints and sold them but cannot remember the name. Anyone remember or know how I can get in touch with him? Or does anyone have an idea where I can get a professional photographic print of the monument, size 24x18 or 24x16?
I have one I got off of the Internet but Magnacolor said that because of the quality it would look awful blown up to that size.

Thanks,
SHALENA

The DR1 poster who sold the pictures was Paul Garace. Do a search on DR1 maybe you will find something. He used to have a website selling photos also. I am not sure if he still does.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
His userid on DR1 is PGerace

His website is Gerace Images

His YouTube channel is Paul Gerace

[video=youtube_share;TrIBdU3SSw0]http://youtu.be/TrIBdU3SSw0[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Juan Carlos Porcella takes awesome pics and has a fantastic photo of the monument from when the maintenance was done. I don't know if he sells his photos or wouldn't mind sharing one with you. Search for him online, he's a high ranking official in the DR Air Force and does photography as a hobby. He has some of the best detailed photos of the DR, professional quality imo.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
W

I think it inspired the monument in Santiago.

Really? The architect must have been more inspired than qualified then imo, as i feel that the Monumento in Santiago is a freak!

ps admittedly, the 'typewriter' in Rome (as its known colloquially) is also not one of my favourites, but stylistically is in another ballpark!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Isn't there a Sir Speedy in SD? Crank up the image size and quality and shoot some photos yourself. Or, next time I'm in SD, I'll shoot a few dozen for you. Sir Speedy will print your shots for you.

Have D7000, will travel.