dutchman found dead in la mulata (sosua)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a man called Josef Joannes Marie Leurs, 58 years old, originally from the netherlands, dominican resident for along time was found dead in his house in la mulata. he was lying face down on the floor with a head would. according to the coroner a possible cause of death could be a heart attack and the injury was sustained in a fall.
the body was taken to INACIF for post mortem examination.
Encuentra cuerpo sin vida de residente holand?s en Mulata II (VER IMAGENES)

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
I'm not Columbo but unless that chair suddenly became animated and killed him in an angry lover's quarrel that guy was murdered.

Well, at least he got the new cedula that everybody has been talking about.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Correct, you are not Columbo. More like Dumbo. Can we have a bit of respect here please?

Prepubescent ad hominem attack aside, how does the Dutch guy and the chair end up UNDER the table?

Definite cause here for further investigation.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Maybe the gentleman had a heart attack, fell to his knees, banged his head on the table, lay down, tried to pull himself up with the chair.

My mother died in a similar way.

It's not all Murder you know, some people actually do just die.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Crawled under the table with the chair still wedged on his neck to escape the sanky attack?

That table didn't levitate and place itself over the Dutch guy. He crawled under it.

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
This is so very sad. Josh was such a nice guy. Many people will know him as he used to teach languages both privately and at a language school in Cabarette.

He lived in Villa Flor in Sosua for a number of years before moving to his "perfect small house" in La Mulata. He was very talented in wood turning and made most if not all of his own furniture. He was incredibly security conscious, I am very sorry if he turns out to have been murdered, no one deserves that.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
knowing the local police, they probably moved the chair. they have no concept whatsoever about preserving the scene. i speak from experience.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Which other dead gringo thread?

La Hermita:

"First of all my tiny fren, I have no interest in your behavior regarding your previous bans here -- they sound deserved but I have no opinion.

As to the car accident that you weren't present at but felt compelled to issue expert commentary on that bordered on ghoulish...I have been involved in near-accidents and actual accidents that involved me having to INCREASE SPEED to avoid them.

Please move your freakshow of speculation elsewhere and let his true friends mourn." MARCION

May 29, 2006
I'm not Columbo but unless that chair suddenly became animated and killed him in an angry lover's quarrel that guy was murdered.

And meanwhile, on another active thread:
I agree. The ghoulish and uneducated speculation on his death is sickening.

Someone needs to have a look in the mirror..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Condolences to Mr. Leurs, RIP.

Keep the theories and inappropriate comments out of this thread please.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some might have not noticed that the report says the man's wound was on the forehead "herida en la frente". i think that generally people who have been hit in the face area fall backwards. if he had a heart attack he could have fallen forward, trying to grab whatever support and ended banging the head on tiles. this kind of fall could also contribute to death.

should there be any further info on this case i will post it here.

and, btw, this is an old cedula.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Calm down there, Pocahontas.

You nor I were there or know what happened.

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
noting is perfect about La Mulatta. Bad choice of a neighborhood. I am certain the the Sosua PD, crime scene examination team along with their forensic lab will have an answer for us soon. btw, anyone ever hear a cause for the mysterious La Rocca fire? Sti

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Clearly very sad. La Mulata has a brutal reputation. I dunno why, I drive my bike down there and it seems quite normal. A few very large homes at the south end of the road.
Please keep us updated on any foulplay.

La mulata does have a bad rep, in defense of la mulata , and the DR in general..Its usually personal