Need your help! I need your honeymoon photos from the DR for a present for my wife

Nathan Smith

Feb 3, 2015
Hello and sorry for bursting into your community with such a creepy post title! I posted this elsewhere (reddit) and was told you guys might be able to help. The short story is that my wife and I went to the DR for our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. The airline lost our luggage and no employee of our resort or the airline volunteered to drive the 45 minutes from the airport to our resort after the luggage showed up... We spent the entire trip, 10 days, with nothing but the carry on packs / clothes on our back. But that was nothing compared to the horror we realized when we returned home... Our camera's memory card was corrupted and we couldn't retrieve any of our photos. A professional restoration company was able to recover 1% of the photos...

Anyways... This is where I need your help... For our 10th anniversary / valentines day, I took the memory card back to a different company that was able to restore about 5% more of the photos. Score! To build on that, I am looking for photos of the resort... "Be Live Collection Canoa"... This place ... The ONE souvenir that DID make it back from the trip is, in a huge ironic twist, a tropical-leaf-binded photo album. Which is empty and sitting in our attic. Anyways, my idea is to make the best honeymoon album I can, filled with general photos of the resort, the few photos I was able to recover, and scrapbooking elements with written down memories... I would love to maybe even Photoshop in pictures of us at the resort using my Photoshop skills (I'm a graphic designer)

I could really use your help. I would LOVE to have photos of this resort of which I can't find many on the internet. If you or someone you know went here, please please please, if you could find it in your heart to put aside a few minutes to send me some photos... Of the beach, the pool, the cafes, the grounds in general... Also some downtown Santo Domingo shots although I've found a bunch already of some places I remember...

I really hope someone, anyone, sends something to me.

Thank you SO much for reading...

Nathan Smith

Feb 3, 2015
great story, although not so great for you....

I'm sure someone here will be more than happy to help. I am on the north shore so not local to your area,

did you also try the facebook page?

What's the facebook page? Thanks for any help
EDIT: Sorry I'm being lazy I'll find it, lol

Nathan Smith

Feb 3, 2015
Hmmm........ 10 years, huh?

Time to come down and renew those vows, and take pictures like a madman. Post them to photobucket every night.
I think that's such a great idea! Unfortunately I don't have much time to plan and even less money. Maybe for #15, though!

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Have you gone to the hotel website to get pics or tried contacting the hotel to help you?
Maybe they've improved their service.
Alternatively since it's in Santo Domingo maybe post in that forum.
Try also going to a travel agent and get a brochure and use those pics.
Google image and tripadvisor may also be your friend.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you're a graphic designer, how could you not know that there are a gazillion images online of even that resort?
Why would you ever need to ask strangers for their photos?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
These are from my wedding last month.

1156891971.jpg

sixsticks

Feb 28, 2011
Sorry Nathan, I did not mean to dislike your post. You sound like a sweetie. Good luck. Ipad & my old fingers don't always work well together!