Beach Lounge Chair - SD - Where to buy?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anyone have a clue where I can buy a couple of beach lounge chairs in Santo Domingo?

Something like this, foldable, portable.

2vsi80o.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
No relocation for you?
la rep dom is like a drug, you just can't kick the habit straight out. I am reallocating my time where I am stateside for longer periods of time. So far it seems to be working out. The apartment I have is just too sweet to give up without some serious thought. No way could I find another joint like I have now.

Time will tell...................... Right now in Jersey doing some quality family time for the next two weeks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I've seen them in Pappaterra on the North Coast.

Where is Pappaterra? It might be worth the ride as long as they are the folding type.

I did see this chaise lounge in SD but 6,500 pesos a piece plus they do not fold.

2ajvujk.jpg

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Pappaterra is in Gaspar Hernandez and Sosua. The one I saw was in Sosua and exactly like your picture. Sorry, I don't know the price but if I remember I thought it was high.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Pappaterra is in Gaspar Hernandez and Sosua. The one I saw was in Sosua and exactly like your picture. Sorry, I don't know the price but if I remember I thought it was high.

Thanks, I haven't been on the north coast in two years. If it was a sure shot and I knew the price I would indeed take a ride up. The one in the first pic goes for $65 USD so around 4,ooo pesos or less would not be so bad.

I will keep hunting....................

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm not in Pappaterra often but maybe someone on the North Coast is and can get you a pix and price.

Good luck.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Must be something in SD, I am sure it will be cheaper than the NC as well!
I sure hope so. I tried the larger stores with no luck. Only thing I am thinking I may have a better chance on the north coast as it is closer to the beaches. I have found several of the ones that do not fold, more the type for patio furniture.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If I get a chance I will look around GH

Thanks but only way I would come to the north coast if the store was easy enough to get to by taking Caribe Tours or Metro.

Times like this I wish I knew a shipping company like Vimenpaq that shipped larger items at a reasonable price. A company where you could order from Amazon and ship to the company. They in turn would send it by cargo ship.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Thanks but only way I would come to the north coast if the store was easy enough to get to by taking Caribe Tours or Metro.

Times like this I wish I knew a shipping company like Vimenpaq that shipped larger items at a reasonable price. A company where you could order from Amazon and ship to the company. They in turn would send it by cargo ship.

Ever checked out BM Cargo?
They do maritime shipping. Company uses them.
BMCargo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
bigbird, we just bought patio furniture on the outskirts of SD, and they had the beach chaise lounges there. I'll look for the receipt and get the address/phone #/ name to you tomorrow. They delivered to us for free.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bigbird, we just bought patio furniture on the outskirts of SD, and they had the beach chaise lounges there. I'll look for the receipt and get the address/phone #/ name to you tomorrow. They delivered to us for free.

Thanks, that would be great................ they were the folding type?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks, that would be great................ they were the folding type?

I can't swear they fold, but I think they do because they were the ones with the straps across, and they looked nice and sturdy. Here's the info:

Comercial Martinez
Km. 13, Autopista Duarte
Santo Domingo

tel: 809-682-4711; cels: 809-350-1594 & 809-953-6071
Name is Augustin Martinez

This place is right on Duarte, we've passed it a million times, you can't miss it, it's an outdoor market in a small triangle of land where Duarte meets the road that comes in from SD Este.

Give him a call, I'll PM you my husband's name as a reference.