Hello from Belgium

Marc Borms

Feb 8, 2015
hello,

although I am from Belgium, I'm into the history and culture of African Americans for year.
Being a gospel & blues pianist for about 40 years and historian in the African American culture.

I'm very much interested in the history of the freed slaves who moved to the Samana Peninsula during 19th century. I learned that this community is still goin' strong in Santa Barbara.
I'm trying to get in contact with Mr Frank Minaya, who is founder of Samana College, or with the Willmore family, whose ancestors come from the US.

In two days we are coming to the Dominican Republic and will be in the Samana area between Feb 15 and Feb 20. I hope to get in touch ...

Kind regards,
Marc

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
In exchange for Belgian beer I can get you anything you desire. There is some here but not much variety.

As my first act of subseriance: I recommend that you contact hillbilly on this site with a private message (PM) that will be possible after 10 posts (easy to make replies). HB is a professor of history in STI.

Where will you be staying (second post).

What beer can I expect? (Third post).

Marc Borms

Feb 8, 2015
LOL Tom, I think i cannot bring some fine belgian beers to the DR.
But I heard the Presidente is'nt bad at all...

Will be staying a few days in the capital, then move to Las Terrenas to stay with friends, and hop to Samana during my stay.
Cheers.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland. Which part of Belgium are you from? I used to live a few hours north of there and spent many a
night bar hopping in Antwerp (Antwerpen) on the weekends with friends.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Use the search engine of the forum, type the name of the person you are looking for and then click on his user name... This will give you the option to send a text message.

JJ

He needs 10 posts JJ!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
LOL Tom, I think i cannot bring some fine belgian beers to the DR.
But I heard the Presidente is'nt bad at all...

Will be staying a few days in the capital, then move to Las Terrenas to stay with friends, and hop to Samana during my stay.
Cheers.

Jumbo / Nacional sell many Belgian beers and so does Beermarket in SD, and Max 50 has many as well...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hello,

although I am from Belgium, I'm into the history and culture of African Americans for year.
Being a gospel & blues pianist for about 40 years and historian in the African American culture.

I'm very much interested in the history of the freed slaves who moved to the Samana Peninsula during 19th century. I learned that this community is still goin' strong in Santa Barbara.
I'm trying to get in contact with Mr Frank Minaya, who is founder of Samana College, or with the Willmore family, whose ancestors come from the US.

In two days we are coming to the Dominican Republic and will be in the Samana area between Feb 15 and Feb 20. I hope to get in touch ...

Kind regards,
Marc

you will be fascinated by Samana. on one of my trip there the rain started coming down in bucketfuls while we were heading to Las Terrenas. my buddy decided to give a ride to some kids who were on the way to school. we asked their names, and they all had english surnames like Johnson and Williams.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
welcome aboard. post what you learn. topics related to race are restricted, even in the historical context. I assume yoou have seen the youtube documentary.

there is another subgroup of scottish descended people in barbados.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
mary one is in the fourth "race" at santa monica....put 4Kd.p. on the backside.... bet it for second place...

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
[If you are after Belgian beer in Santiago then you will be spoiled for choice if you visit "Beber al Vino" on Rafael Vidal....literally dozens to choose from. You will not be disappointed but they are expensive.

QUOTE=tommeyers;1533634]In exchange for Belgian beer I can get you anything you desire. There is some here but not much variety.

What beer can I expect? (Third post).

...[/QUOTE]