boat Sabana de la mar to Samana

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I m planning to go around the southern coast of the DR in March, and up to Samana.. however I don t know the sailing schedule across the bay Can anybody advise? I ll be hoping to cross from Sabana de la mar on a weekday probably Tuesday or a Wednesday,

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Cant remember the times but it is pretty frequent, but as everything here always running late.. there is a resturant just beside the dock there serves good fish and cold beer you can stop find out what time is the next ferry and have lunch. If your too late getting there the hotel cano hondo is amazing. Also parque los haities is beautiful to see..

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I m planning to go around the southern coast of the DR in March, and up to Samana.. however I don t know the sailing schedule across the bay Can anybody advise? I ll be hoping to cross from Sabana de la mar on a weekday probably Tuesday or a Wednesday,

You can look up the times on line. It is about 2hrs for the ferry to bring passengers to Samana City and return. It doesn't sound like it but the ferry is for foot traffic and does not carry vehicles. Good luck.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no vehicles, but they carry Motos. no kidding. some years ago, when sitting at "H's"(Hache's) enjoy above mentioned fishies, i observed the guys carrying a Motorbike/Motoco?o on their shoulders over to the Ferry, haha.
i dion't think they would offer the same service for a car, tho.

Mike

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Unless they finished the dock they were building last year I wouldnt recommend taking a moto across.. but I did see a guy do it.... we had to take a small boat from the dock to the ferry first... I thought they were going drop the moto in the ocean when we went..

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Unless they finished the dock they were building last year I wouldnt recommend taking a moto across.. but I did see a guy do it.... we had to take a small boat from the dock to the ferry first... I thought they were going drop the moto in the ocean when we went..

absolutely.
good to hear that they will build a dock, finally, been time for that since decades, lol.
my last time watching them been many years ago, i did not know that they finally have a dock in the works.

Mike

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Times ?

About tens years back they had a roll on roll off type ferry at the dock. Believe it was damaged or sunk carrying some heavy equipment, needs to be confirmed. It is true some motos are hand loaded and off loaded from motor launches that serve the ports.

The times of service need to be confirmed.

Try the following website: SamanaOnline.com - Transportation - Page 2

Regards,

PJT