Breadmaker anyone??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just a shot in the dark to find out if anyone has a breadmaker sitting around that they're not using and would like to sell. Mine died a fast death, and I have 50 pounds of bread flour we shipped down, so it's either find another breadmaker or start kneading.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just a shot in the dark to find out if anyone has a breadmaker sitting around that they're not using and would like to sell. Mine died a fast death, and I have 50 pounds of bread flour we shipped down, so it's either find another breadmaker or start kneading.

if you can't find one i will take the flour..lol

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
uh oh..... TMeyers is giving negotiating lessons on line ! ! !

hahaha..... good offer...... AE, are you going to counter ?

2 loaves ??

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have one in the kitchen cupboard gathering dust. It's a UK one, so 220v. Interested?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
40 yrs ago my sisters "landlord" started making bread in his basement office / hideout...and started selling them....well to do guy... could not keep up with local demand and the price was high....brown, rye russian etc...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE, wasn't yours a new one from the states? What happened??

It was working great for several weeks, then I noticed a noise while it was kneading the last loaf I made. Next time I put all the ingredients in, the motor just made a soft humming sound and didn't rotate the blade.

What's wrong with it? Did something break, or did it just stop working? It may just need some maintenance.

What kind of maintenance? Where would I take it for that??

AE you can use mine while you wait for yours. Price: one loaf. It is a cusineart 2#.

You're killing me tom - I'm nowhere near Santiago or I'd jump at this.

I have one in the kitchen cupboard gathering dust. It's a UK one, so 220v. Interested?

We only have one 220 line in the house, and it's for the well pump :(

Spent a couple of hours online looking for some recipes to make bread by hand, going to give one a try tomorrow morning. I'm kicking myself in the butt because I have an extra machine back in NJ, I had thought about throwing it in a box but never did. We bought local bread the past couple of days, UGH.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
AE, here is a recipe that you might want to try. It's my recipe for rolls and the best thing
about it is the dough rises in the fridge! You use as much of it as you want and it keeps
for about one week in the fridge.

Refrigerator Rolls

2 packages active dry yeast
1 cup water (warm 110 degrees)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups milk, scalded
2/3 cup melted shortening
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons salt
2 beaten eggs
10 -11 cups flour

Soften dry yeast in warn water (110 degrees).

Add the 1 teaspoon sugar to yeast mixture.

Add milk, cooled to lukewarm, shortening, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt.

Add eggs and beat well.

Add flour to make a soft dough.

(I use my mixer with Dough Hook).

Let stand 10 minutes.

Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth and elastic.

Place in greased Bowl, and cover.

Store in refrigerator and let rise overnight.

Shape rolls about 2 hours before serving.

Let rise till double in bulk.

Bake in hot oven 425 degrees 15 to 20 minutes.

Punch down unused dough and return to refrigerator. Use as needed for one week.

Makes 4 to 5 dozen medium rolls.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
AE, you can use standard standing mixer, if you have one. just dump the ingredients in the same order (wet first and then dry) and turn it on. regular bakeries do not engage in foolery of mixing yeast with warm liquids first, there's no time for that crap.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I did not have a mixer or a bread maker when I was living on a sailboat. I used a drill with a wooden spoon instead of the drill bits. Worked like a charm!

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
very interesting!!

You can also insert a whisk.

FUI48GMH5ED7O6Z.LARGE.jpg

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Hey Gorgon, give AE at least one of your Jamaican bread recipes to try, I know you have some.;)

I would like to try it myself.