Bus service from Cabarete

May 29, 2006
Could someone post a link to the bus service for the north coast? Looking to go back and forth between Cabarete and Santiago, but I might also do an excursion out to Cabrera. Can you pay the fare as you get on the bus or do you have to buy the tickets first?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Could someone post a link to the bus service for the north coast? Looking to go back and forth between Cabarete and Santiago, but I might also do an excursion out to Cabrera. Can you pay the fare as you get on the bus or do you have to buy the tickets first?

For Metro and Caribe Tours, you buy tickets first

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am pretty sure that neither caribe nor metro go from santiago to cabarete. for a trip from cabarete to santiago you need to get to sosua and take metro/caribe there. for cabrera you will have to take a guaga.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i am pretty sure that neither caribe nor metro go from santiago to cabarete. for a trip from cabarete to santiago you need to get to sosua and take metro/caribe there. for cabrera you will have to take a guaga.

The Caribe Tours site has Cabrera on the map.

Perhaps Websta can clarify?

May 29, 2006
8K posts and your GOOGLE is frozen?
LOL, JK PIB, how long has it been 10 years since last visit?

Caribe Tours | Bienvenidos

Just about nine years now... WAY overdue. I've been trying to plan since Oct, but got tossed some curve balls. Kind of scared to see what's happened to Sosua which is why I'm booking in Cabarete.

OK $RD150 from Sosua to Santiago every hour at 20 after the hour.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just about nine years now... WAY overdue. I've been trying to plan since Oct, but got tossed some curve balls. Kind of scared to see what's happened to Sosua which is why I'm booking in Cabarete.

OK $RD150 from Sosua to Santiago every hour at 20 after the hour.

You can get a great deal on a suite @ Perla de Sosua, just mention Frankie's name for the special rate.

May 29, 2006
ruta to cabrera does not pass santiago or POP. if you look at their rutas and choose santaigo-cabrera it will say "no disponible".

I thought there was some kind of big bus from Sosua to Las Terranas.. Cabrera is on the way, right?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm not sure what do you mean by "big bus". if you mean those 55 seaters like caribe/metro, the answer is NO. caribe goes to samana but from SD and that ruta does not pass santiago, POP or sosua. there are regular size guaguas from POP to samana, twice a day. and of course plenty of guaguas to rio san juan where you can change for another guaga to samana, past cabrera and nagua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just to add: say thank you to transport syndicates that fcuk up travel around DR. it's a small country yet to get from A to B on public transport one has to change cars/guaguas, sometimes several times.

May 29, 2006
And compared to the US, it's still much better. ~$4US to go from Sosua to Santiago with hourly departures is pretty sweet.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In answer to the original question, there is no direct bus service from Cabarete to Santiago. You have to go by gua-gua or taxi from Cabarete to Sosua and Caribe Tours or Metro Bus from there.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The last stop on Caribe tours and Metro is Sosua so you have to walk or something from Cabarete to Sosua.
Yes, there are two bus lines that go from Puerto Plata to Las Terenas and Samana, both stop in Cabarete on the way. Medium size buses, yes.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Take a guagua for 20 pesos from Cabarete to Sosua to Metro or Charamico for Caribe.

Lessons learned: I took Metro to Puerto Plata - while it stops there you can't buy a ticket for it. You must pay 195 pesos as if you were going to Santiago and get off in Puerto Plata. Never again. Took publico back for 50 pesos!