Porsche cayman maintanance

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Just curious
I was looking at the Porsche Cayman 2012 or younger models; and was wondering if anyone knows what the Porsche dealership might charge for routine maintanance as per the porsche maintenance schedule. I am familiar with Foreign prices because i already have one, in my country of origin.

Minor maintenance
Intermediate maintenance*
major maintenance
Maintenance*Annual
Engine oil &Oil filter
Spark plugs, Air filter, Brake fluid

General parts -replacement
brake pads ( non-ceramic)
Clutch maintanance

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Why not just call the Porsche dealership in DR???? They will tell you the price of an oil change etc. You own a Porsche so you know the maintenance no matter where you are is going to be very pricey.

You have a "mid" engine car like the Cayman and that alone will add to the cost because of the placement of the engine.

Hell of a car, but I would NEVER own a Cayman in a place like DR.

BTW Driving a Cayman in DR you are asking for people to hand you trouble.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Just curious
I was looking at the Porsche Cayman 2012 or younger models; and was wondering if anyone knows what the Porsche dealership might charge for routine maintanance as per the porsche maintenance schedule. I am familiar with Foreign prices because i already have one, in my country of origin.

Minor maintenance
major maintenance
Maintenance*Annual
Engine oil &Oil filter

Clutch maintanance

What type of Porsche do you have back home??? If I had to guess I bet it is a Panamera or a Cayenne right????? I know this because a 911 owner would never be caught DEAD in a Cayman or Boxster LOL!!!!

Have you saw the new Cayman GTS?????

I love Porsche but for me it is Porsche 911 Carrera S or NOTHING!!!!! I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and if I close my eyes and think hard it is sort of like a 911 S LOL!!!. I looked into the Porsche Cayenne but unless I can afford a Cayenne GTS or Turbo I just do not see spending money on a base or Cayenne S for that amount of money.

Good Luck with the Cayman.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
What type of Porsche do you have back home??? If I had to guess I bet it is a Panamera or a Cayenne right????? I know this because a 911 owner would never be caught DEAD in a Cayman or Boxster LOL!!!!

Have you saw the new Cayman GTS?????

I love Porsche but for me it is Porsche 911 Carrera S or NOTHING!!!!! I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and if I close my eyes and think hard it is sort of like a 911 S LOL!!!. I looked into the Porsche Cayenne but unless I can afford a Cayenne GTS or Turbo I just do not see spending money on a base or Cayenne S for that amount of money.

Good Luck with the Cayman.
Yuuuuuu know nussink...in my best german accent
I have a Caymen
I drive a Cayman because in my country 911's are $400000 plus.
I have serious problems with dropping that kind of cash on a car...even if i had it. That sort of money based on my principles ( of which i have few!!) is obscene. I have no problem dropping 80k-100k on a serious machine that i know will last me many many years.
I drive a cayman because it has serious muscle..enough for me. i dont particulalry car for the soft lines but then again if i want to impress a hot looking mama, leaving her drooling at the mouth, then this is the car to do it in. yes its a pussy magnet
Often people say those that can buy porsches shouldnt be concerned about the maintenance...why would you be , right??? Thats a a popular misconception. Wealthy people know exactly what things cost !!!!! Thats why they are wealthy

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
For once, I agree w/ JMB; driving a porsche in the DR=idiocy.
but people do....i take your point
AGAIN...'But people do', i see top of the line Audis, i saw a convertible wide bodied audi. Im not so familiar with this brand only that my buddy tells me that they are awesome cars. Ive seen 80k jeeps and wranglers and all sorts of things...do they have trouble knocking at their door?? Jus asking

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
but people do....i take your point
AGAIN...'But people do', i see top of the line Audis, i saw a convertible wide bodied audi. Im not so familiar with this brand only that my buddy tells me that they are awesome cars. Ive seen 80k jeeps and wranglers and all sorts of things...do they have trouble knocking at their door?? Jus asking

Drive what you want, it's your life.

I have a friend in the DR that drives a 458, 911 and just ordered a new Hurricane that will be shipped from Miami.

Spend some time in Santo Domingo, you will see plenty of very nice cars.
We have Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar etc dealerships. Pity they don't have a Lotus dealership, I would be very tempted :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Just curious

Minor maintenance
major maintenance
Maintenance*Annual
Engine oil &Oil filter

Clutch maintanance

There is an old saying "if you have to ask than you can't afford it". I am sure you probably can but if you are familiar with the costs back home than you won't be surprised here. I would think the labor end would be in line but any parts you might need to replace could be costly. It is a beautiful vehicle but in the DR you are better off to stick with a Japanese one, such as, Mitsubishi or Toyota. I would buy a vehicle where you don't have to find a dealer to bring it to. These are much easier to maintain. Driving a Porche here is like having a sign on the car that reads: I am wealthy, follow me home and rob me. Personally, I would buy something that does not stand out.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I love my Porsche!

Don't care if it attracts attention....that's what it's for!

Never been hassled by the cops, AMET, anyone else in uniform......although sometimes I get a salute!

Love driving it on Dominican roads. No speed limits and plenty of open spaces.

Those people who say they wouldn't want to own a car like that in the DR obviously can't drive!

Enjoy your Cayman. Never driven one, but heard they are fantastic.

Jul 28, 2014
I love my Porsche!

Don't care if it attracts attention....that's what it's for!

Never been hassled by the cops, AMET, anyone else in uniform......although sometimes I get a salute!

Love driving it on Dominican roads. No speed limits and plenty of open spaces.

Those people who say they wouldn't want to own a car like that in the DR obviously can't drive!

Enjoy your Cayman. Never driven one, but heard they are fantastic.

Stating that we wouldn't want to own a car like that in the DR, is not due to lack of driving habits. I guess you have never walked down a DR beach with even a semi-decent watch on? You scream out I have cash, COME TAKE IT FROM ME...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I think usual maintenance costs like oil changes and tune ups will not "ding" your wallet if you supply the parts. Most people dont drive really long miles here, modern cars dont require much maintenance.

Scratches and "dings" from minor moto collisions are unavoidable. So dont fall in love with your original paint.

The tires and front end will cost you big time. Will you never go through a puddle? or will you pray as you do that its not a missing manhole cover.

Comparing an 80,000 suv to an 80,000 sports car is idiotic.

Having that car in the DR could be a narcissism issue. The attention it will draw is 99.9% potential trouble.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Stating that we wouldn't want to own a car like that in the DR, is not due to lack of driving habits. I guess you have never walked down a DR beach with even a semi-decent watch on? You scream out I have cash, COME TAKE IT FROM ME...

There are some people who either do not understand this issue or choose to flaunt what they have anyway. Naive? Yes. But we all do what we want to do and suffer the consequences from time to time.

As for getting the items you need. If they are not available here on the island, simply order them and have them sent. I have been doing that for years to keep vehicles going here in the DR because dealers are not required to stock replacement parts for the cars they sell and they frequently don't. Especially when there are only a few of a particular model on the entire island. Not only is it less expensive to import your own parts rather than buying the parts here, you are in control of what gets replaced with what quality of part, OEM, after market, used, etc.

You can have someone fill a barrel with a lifetime supply of filters, for example, and send it to you via a Dominican shipper. Do note that if you purchase such a car in the DR that the warranty is probably only in effect if you have all of the scheduled maintenance done at the dealer. How convenient is that if you buy a car in Santo Domingo and live on the north coast?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of you need to get out more and spend time in the capital. Many high end, very visible cars and the owners never have an issue. Did you ever wonder why? When you know the answer to that, then you might have a better idea how things actually work here in the DR. Some of you need to get out of Sosua more often. jeje

As I said, I have a friend (expat) that rides around in a 458, 911 and in the not very distant future, a new Lambo.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I am sure Roberts friends have a 4x4 as their main car. Equipped with the latest apple technology of course.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
im selling my 2002 carrera 911 3.6l engine for 28.000 with 50.000 km in perfect condition, its in puerto plata if anyone wants to see it, i have kids now and cant have this kind of car.

if you go to peynado they will rip you off exchange parts that need no exchanging, and at the end the work is not better then at any other free working mecanic, so SCREW peynado, buy your parts on ebay and find a good mecanic here, i have a good one in santiago.