Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Porsche cayman maintanance

    Just curious
    I was looking at the Porsche Cayman 2012 or younger models; and was wondering if anyone knows what the Porsche dealership might charge for routine maintanance as per the porsche maintenance schedule. I am familiar with Foreign prices because i already have one, in my country of origin.

    Minor maintenance
    Intermediate maintenance*
    major maintenance
    Maintenance*Annual
    Engine oil &Oil filter
    Spark plugs, Air filter, Brake fluid

    General parts -replacement
    brake pads ( non-ceramic)
    Clutch maintanance

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why not just call the Porsche dealership in DR???? They will tell you the price of an oil change etc. You own a Porsche so you know the maintenance no matter where you are is going to be very pricey.

    You have a "mid" engine car like the Cayman and that alone will add to the cost because of the placement of the engine.

    Hell of a car, but I would NEVER own a Cayman in a place like DR.

    BTW Driving a Cayman in DR you are asking for people to hand you trouble.

  3. Likes Lobo Tropical, CaptnGlenn liked this post
  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemedo View Post
    Just curious
    I was looking at the Porsche Cayman 2012 or younger models; and was wondering if anyone knows what the Porsche dealership might charge for routine maintanance as per the porsche maintenance schedule. I am familiar with Foreign prices because i already have one, in my country of origin.

    Minor maintenance
    Intermediate maintenance*
    major maintenance
    Maintenance*Annual
    Engine oil &Oil filter
    Spark plugs, Air filter, Brake fluid

    General parts -replacement
    brake pads ( non-ceramic)
    Clutch maintanance
    What type of Porsche do you have back home??? If I had to guess I bet it is a Panamera or a Cayenne right????? I know this because a 911 owner would never be caught DEAD in a Cayman or Boxster LOL!!!!

    Have you saw the new Cayman GTS?????

    I love Porsche but for me it is Porsche 911 Carrera S or NOTHING!!!!! I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and if I close my eyes and think hard it is sort of like a 911 S LOL!!!. I looked into the Porsche Cayenne but unless I can afford a Cayenne GTS or Turbo I just do not see spending money on a base or Cayenne S for that amount of money.

    Good Luck with the Cayman.

  5. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMB773 View Post
    What type of Porsche do you have back home??? If I had to guess I bet it is a Panamera or a Cayenne right????? I know this because a 911 owner would never be caught DEAD in a Cayman or Boxster LOL!!!!

    Have you saw the new Cayman GTS?????

    I love Porsche but for me it is Porsche 911 Carrera S or NOTHING!!!!! I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and if I close my eyes and think hard it is sort of like a 911 S LOL!!!. I looked into the Porsche Cayenne but unless I can afford a Cayenne GTS or Turbo I just do not see spending money on a base or Cayenne S for that amount of money.

    Good Luck with the Cayman.
    Yuuuuuu know nussink...in my best german accent
    I have a Caymen
    I drive a Cayman because in my country 911's are $400000 plus.
    I have serious problems with dropping that kind of cash on a car...even if i had it. That sort of money based on my principles ( of which i have few!!) is obscene. I have no problem dropping 80k-100k on a serious machine that i know will last me many many years.
    I drive a cayman because it has serious muscle..enough for me. i dont particulalry car for the soft lines but then again if i want to impress a hot looking mama, leaving her drooling at the mouth, then this is the car to do it in. yes its a pussy magnet
    Often people say those that can buy porsches shouldnt be concerned about the maintenance...why would you be , right??? Thats a a popular misconception. Wealthy people know exactly what things cost !!!!! Thats why they are wealthy

  6. Likes DR1Admin, beeza liked this post
  7. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For once, I agree w/ JMB; driving a porsche in the DR=idiocy.

  8. Likes GuillermoRamon, Harleysrock liked this post
  9. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    For once, I agree w/ JMB; driving a porsche in the DR=idiocy.
    but people do....i take your point
    AGAIN...'But people do', i see top of the line Audis, i saw a convertible wide bodied audi. Im not so familiar with this brand only that my buddy tells me that they are awesome cars. Ive seen 80k jeeps and wranglers and all sorts of things...do they have trouble knocking at their door?? Jus asking

  10. #7
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemedo View Post
    but people do....i take your point
    AGAIN...'But people do', i see top of the line Audis, i saw a convertible wide bodied audi. Im not so familiar with this brand only that my buddy tells me that they are awesome cars. Ive seen 80k jeeps and wranglers and all sorts of things...do they have trouble knocking at their door?? Jus asking
    Drive what you want, it's your life.

    I have a friend in the DR that drives a 458, 911 and just ordered a new Hurricane that will be shipped from Miami.

    Spend some time in Santo Domingo, you will see plenty of very nice cars.
    We have Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar etc dealerships. Pity they don't have a Lotus dealership, I would be very tempted

  11. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lotus?
    Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious!
    lol

  12. #9
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msmfgf View Post
    Lotus?
    Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious!
    lol
    You have have been watching Top Gear I see.

    I have a 2008 Elise and touch wood it has never had a single issue

  13. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemedo View Post
    Just curious
    I was looking at the Porsche Cayman 2012 or younger models; and was wondering if anyone knows what the Porsche dealership might charge for routine maintanance as per the porsche maintenance schedule. I am familiar with Foreign prices because i already have one, in my country of origin.

    Minor maintenance
    Intermediate maintenance*
    major maintenance
    Maintenance*Annual
    Engine oil &Oil filter
    Spark plugs, Air filter, Brake fluid

    General parts -replacement
    brake pads ( non-ceramic)
    Clutch maintanance
    There is an old saying "if you have to ask than you can't afford it". I am sure you probably can but if you are familiar with the costs back home than you won't be surprised here. I would think the labor end would be in line but any parts you might need to replace could be costly. It is a beautiful vehicle but in the DR you are better off to stick with a Japanese one, such as, Mitsubishi or Toyota. I would buy a vehicle where you don't have to find a dealer to bring it to. These are much easier to maintain. Driving a Porche here is like having a sign on the car that reads: I am wealthy, follow me home and rob me. Personally, I would buy something that does not stand out.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •