Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unblock T-mobile no contract phones

I wonder if it is easier to pay someone in US to unblock/unlock or can I get my LG Optimus L90 unblocked in the D.R. so I can use it with any carrier? It is a T-mobile smartphone I bought for $49. I have not ever had a number or contract or prepay/postpay assigned to it. Any suggestions? I bought it cheap at Best Buy and have been using it for Wi-fi only. I would like to unblock it to use it with whatever carrier I want.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If your phone is GSM check ebay for someone with an unlock code. Easy and cheap.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

any of them will unlock it for you...Claro, Orange.......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anng3 View Post
    If your phone is GSM check ebay for someone with an unlock code. Easy and cheap.
    I've never used ebay. I took a look at the site, do I choose the seller who has the most buyers? How do I know it's legit? Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

All sorts of local cell phone repair shops in the RD will unblock the phone for half the price that a Claro or Orange shop would charge.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On ebay you should choose the seller with the most positive feedback. Make sure you read the feedback pertaining to your purchase.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

online is $4-10 US

Claro is about $10-12 US

good thing about doing at Claro is you can fix it if it doesn't work/// insurance of sorts

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

And once the phone is unlocked it is now a law that you can use the same number on another carrier if you want to switch to Orange or another company in the future.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting yesterday the new law in the U.S. state that any fully paid off phones must be unlocked by the carrier if the customere request and its free. But whats $10? Just pay claro. If something goes wrong atleast you can go back to the store.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it worked! Checked eBay out and found a seller with 34,000+ positive responses and for $4.76 USD, my phone is unlocked. Thank you!!!! Now, I suppose I will just buy a card in D.R. Do they have MONTH plans or do you have to have resident status to do that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast