Residiency expired by 2 years. Whats required to renew?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you failed 2 years to renew the temp residency, which is to be renewed every year, then you start the whole thing newly again from the beginning. they will have your immigrations status on the same "illegal" as if you never would have had a residency.
in case you have a permanent one you should still get lucky and get it renewed for a fine for the overstayed Months.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If its 2 yrs old, I think the new system hadn't yet been implemented

sounds like a fine.... and a free new cedula if you hurry.........

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah, renew the residency now and with that in hand you go to the JCE for a free new cedula.
william, if the new or old system been in place when a residency been issued, doesn't matter. you let it expire for more than a certain legth of time(i don't remember the time limit) means youhave to do it all over again, by the to date/TODAY requirements/procedures.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hmmm, I wonder what they'll do about a 2 year lapse......

vamos a ver..............

I hope we gave good advice

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you may have to fork out a lot of money. current fine for expired residency is 500 pesos per month or 12k pesos for two years. plus the costs of new residency.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks everyone. Not a matter of being lazy. At the time, 2 years ago. We could leave DR and pay the exit fee easy,
as it was so cheap. This was WAY before it was increased. According to our lawyer at the time it would have cost us $2,000 to renew. AND with the level of detail they wanted regarding your income was out of order. So we decided to simply pay the few hundred pesos exit fee. Now that is not the case. thanks again everyone.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think you just need a friendly Dominicana/o to help with the renewal process.

Not that hard judging by accounts here.

renewals are easier it seems

pay a chica/o 1000 pesos and buy lunch.... done

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what? 2 thousand dollars? for both, you mean? including lawyer's fees? where did that number come from?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think you just need a friendly Dominicana/o to help with the renewal process.

Not that hard judging by accounts here.

renewals are easier it seems

pay a chica/o 1000 pesos and buy lunch.... done

Residency renewals do not require a lawyer. Did mine myself with the information posted on this very forum by others that had done so.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey,
we are talking the renewal of a PERMANENT Residency.
such costed never any $2K's Green bucks, not even close, not even with the most expensive lawyer of the island, and anyways, to renew a Permanent Residency, what you need a lawyer for??? you anyways had to be there yourself to get your photo taken 2 years ago.
and the different on prices for that renewal from 2 years ago to todays, insignificant.
also the difference on the overstaying fee for a couple months only, from 2 years ago to todays, insignificant, just a few US$ singles.
you've been ignorantly careless for 2 years!!!
but you are lucky, this country goes on such big failures much smoother than any other country i would know, you still can renew your permanent residency, you still do NOT need any lawyer for it, it still does not cost anything near 2 Grand for 2 persons. IF you do it within the next decade of course, otherwise some things may change til then.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i did my last renewal of my permanent residency in feb 2011,
i paid 20.000.- pesos plus 1.000.- pesos for the VIP, renewed for 10 years til feb 2021.
of course no lawyer necessary, i just had to show up there, pay the fees, get photo taken and elec signature and wuuups the card comes out of the machine and away ya go.
add extra 5.000.- pesos as a maximum for a english speaking lawyer to accompny you for your own comfort, but that been the max to pay.
delete the phone number and e-mail contact of your 2K lawyer from 2 years ago, it will safe you a lot of money in the future on everything lawyer related.

Mike

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
AND I thought $2,000 dollars was a lot. Just left a lawyers office here in POP, different lawyer then the $2,000 dollar quote. Hi his quote is $3,000 for both of us, plus the fine, plus expenses for 3 to 4 day trips to Santa Domingo, plus the cost of the x-ray and blood test. WOW Think I got stupid written on my forehead. Cheaper to pay the exit fee.