Ukrainian residency question

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
How would a Ukrainian apply for residency here? There doesn't seem to be a Dominican Embassy in the Ukraine.

Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Mr. Andrea Biamonti
Honorary Consul of Ukraine to Dominican Republic
Phone: (809) 409-4222, 52(829) 797-4422
Email: andreacarlomaria@hotmail.com, ucraniard@gmail.com

the closest dominican consulates are in austria or czech republic but it's not a given that paperwork processing is to be done in an establishment that is geographically closest.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I believe now if you are not married to a dominican, you have to apply in your country of residence.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if your country has an RD embassy.....that's the point here.
how to handle it if no consulate.

nearest country or diplomatic office in RD..........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nearest country or diplomatic office in RD..........

it's not necessarily the nearest. embassies/consulates have their zones or areas of influence. they do not have to be geographically organized. for instance there is a polish embassy in cuba but DR issues are under the embassy in bogota.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
How would a Ukrainian apply for residency here? There doesn't seem to be a Dominican Embassy in the Ukraine.

Thanks

The process starts before you get to the DR. You need copies of your passport and birth certificate and a police background check including fingerprints from your home country. These must be translated into Spanish and apostillized, which is an international stamp recognized by the DR. You need to have a legal address in the DR and a bank account. If you are retired and coming to live here I believe you can get a fast track program under the rules of becoming a temporary resident. In any manner you will need to hire an attorney to get your documents through the right departments. When you first apply you will be given a medical exam, urine and blood samples and a chest x-ray. The total cost will be somewhere around $800-1000usd. Good luck.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The process starts before you get to the DR. You need copies of your passport and birth certificate and a police background check including fingerprints from your home country. These must be translated into Spanish and apostillized, which is an international stamp recognized by the DR.

All this information is great, Steve, but I think you missed the point of the original post. There is no Dominican Consulate in the Ukraine, and question was not "what do I need" but "where do I go" because of the lack of consular services.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
it's not necessarily the nearest. embassies/consulates have their zones or areas of influence. they do not have to be geographically organized. for instance there is a polish embassy in cuba but DR issues are under the embassy in bogota.

This is correct. Many smaller Schengen countries are grouped together, for example the Dutch embassy deals with the issues of quite a few countries in SDQ (or at least did a few years ago).

Hoping this is correct, a quick search took me to this site:

Caribbean - Dominican Republic - Embassy, consulate in Ukraine

So that would be Austria or Czech Republic. I would check the sites from those embassies, and even confirm via email. If you are lucky, no personal visit is even necessary...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my guess is that the local honorary ambassador will be able to pull strings to do it here....

just a hunch..........

I'd call there first

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
I don't think the DR should become a dumping ground for a failed military junta that's flinging itself off a sinking ship.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i thought there was a Polish mission in the DR. i always see this house in Costambar with Polish identification..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i thought there was a Polish mission in the DR. i always see this house in Costambar with Polish identification..

yes, honorary consul. great guy. but he cannot issue passports nor visas, that is done by a consulate in bogota.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
All this information is great, Steve, but I think you missed the point of the original post. There is no Dominican Consulate in the Ukraine, and question was not "what do I need" but "where do I go" because of the lack of consular services.

I understand this but I was also trying to tell the poster what they will need to obtain for the process.