Tolls At Toll Booth

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Anyone know prices?

For us going into SD was free and coming out was RD$25 a few weeks back.

When we went to Samana in November it was free but now that it's whale season I imagine they are charging.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They all vary. To go on the new highway out of Samana was 500 pesos. We went from PC to samana and back in early January and the total cost was approx 1900 pesos (42 USD). It was well worth it when you compare it to the old highways

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the new road , as far as Nagua , will be a boutb 500 each way

The next leg , to LT , is just over 500 each way using the new road

no toll going to LT the old way or to go to Samana along the eastern side of the peninsula

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I'm coming from Santiago so from my memory there was only 1 toll road.

It's RD$500 per vehicle, wow.

Thanks for the tip william.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yup, only Derf and the other ricos use that road..... and Derf's clients pay , not him

the old way is pretty too

you will have no tolls from Santiago....
if you yen to see the new road - its more scenic coming OUT of LT..... still 500+ pesos at the airport

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Anyone know prices?

For us going into SD was free and coming out was RD$25 a few weeks back.

When we went to Samana in November it was free but now that it's whale season I imagine they are charging.

If you are going from Santiago to Samana City, there are no tolls. If you head to Las Terrenas instead of Samana City, there is a toll road -- recall it is RD$450 each way.
From Santiago to Santo Domingo there are no tolls. The toll is RD$30 but it is in the south-north direction.

I believe it is during the peak of Easter Week that the government gives up collecting tolls in order to make traffic flow. I believe that is the only time it gives up collecting road tolls.