Question about sdq

Proera

Feb 16, 2015
I want to buy American liquor to bring to sdq but I'm only 20 and I'm traveling alone.. So will they sell me the liquor in sdq since in the Dominican you only have to be 18.. Also do they sell good stuff like at jfk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
you can buy liquor at almost any age in DR, I've seen 7 year olds buy bottles of rum. You will not have any problem at your age.

Proera

Feb 16, 2015
See I know that but I was curios cause it's an airport

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Well there is a saying I learned a while back. When you walk into the duty free at JFK "act like you know". Plus, when you arrive at SDQ you can buy liquor at the airport. Just don't overpay.
There was a premium liquor on Avenida M?ximo G?mez close to the suway station by the Marriott Courtyard; don't know if it's still open but they had good liquor at ok prices.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Well there is a saying I learned a while back. When you walk into the duty free at JFK "act like you know". Plus, when you arrive at SDQ you can buy liquor at the airport. Just don't overpay.
There was a premium liquor on Avenida M?ximo G?mez close to the suway station by the Marriott Courtyard; don't know if it's still open but they had good liquor at ok prices.

Still there, still a big hang out joint at the weekend for the car guys. There's plenty liquor stores around, but really, at 20 year old, how much of a connoisseur can he be.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
In the Dominican Republic, you are are adult at 18 years of age. You will have no problem purchasing liquor at the airport.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You can buy pretty much any brand at a liquor store or major supermarket. The only thing I have not found is Captain Morgans spiced rum. With the rum choices here I can live without the Captain.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You can buy pretty much any brand at a liquor store or major supermarket. The only thing I have not found is Captain Morgans spiced rum. With the rum choices here I can live without the Captain.

And in many cases less expensive than the Duty Free store at the airport. I found booze prices to be cheaper in la Cadena and la Nacional than Duffy Duty Free at the airport stateside or SDQ. Prices at the duty free are not such a big bargain as one may think.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I want to buy American liquor to bring to sdq but I'm only 20 and I'm traveling alone.. So will they sell me the liquor in sdq since in the Dominican you only have to be 18.. Also do they sell good stuff like at jfk

You can only buy liquor at the airport on your way out of the country. Once you have gone through immigration there are "duty free" shops and also stores down at the gates. So, the answer is no. You will have to purchase from a grocery store in the DR and yes they have a wide selection. If it is other than rum the prices will probably be higher than in the States.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You can only buy liquor at the airport on your way out of the country. Once you have gone through immigration there are "duty free" shops and also stores down at the gates. So, the answer is no. You will have to purchase from a grocery store in the DR and yes they have a wide selection. If it is other than rum the prices will probably be higher than in the States.

Upon arrival at SDQ it is is a little different. You get your passport stamped, hand over the questionnaire form, and while waiting for your luggage you can shop at the duty free.