1st Results

don't laugh.

Well, first results are quite promising..... :laugh:

Fingernails_zpsmj2avcip.png

donP

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Inventions like this are a direct offshoot of the Dominican Space Agency.

It's hard to predict where technology will lead us.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Last night was with a group that are close friends with Miguel Ortiz, the main inventor. They explained the invention came about because Miguel did not want to wait for his wife to get back from the beauty salon -- three hour process, including the manicure/pedicure. The new nail painting process apparently is quick -- they spoke of 5-10 minutes. A machine reads the size of the nail before painting.

The group said that was is outstanding is that this is only patent No. 7, maybe they were wrong because El Caribe story says it is No. 6. Anyway, they took it abroad and it checked out in Spain. Last night they commented it had checked out in the US, maybe they have begun the process already….
Was told they worked on it for two years to invent and get it approved. It was cleared so that is why they are on a road show. Onapi is promoting them because they are proud the DR has another patented invention.

Now they have to find a buyer… Sally Hansen?

I wish I had one of those machines. It would sell more nail polish because now since it takes so long to get a manicure people want to keep it for as long as possible. If it only takes 5 m inures, one could change colours all the time!

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Last night was with a group that are close friends with Miguel Ortiz, the main inventor. They explained the invention came about because Miguel did not want to wait for his wife to get back from the beauty salon -- three hour process, including the manicure/pedicure. The new nail painting process apparently is quick -- they spoke of 5-10 minutes. A machine reads the size of the nail before painting.

The group said that was is outstanding is that this is only patent No. 7, maybe they were wrong because El Caribe story says it is No. 6. Anyway, they took it abroad and it checked out in Spain. Last night they commented it had checked out in the US, maybe they have begun the process already….
Was told they worked on it for two years to invent and get it approved. It was cleared so that is why they are on a road show. Onapi is promoting them because they are proud the DR has another patented invention.

Now they have to find a buyer… Sally Hansen?

I wish I had one of those machines. It would sell more nail polish because now since it takes so long to get a manicure people want to keep it for as long as possible. If it only takes 5 m inures, one could change colours all the time!

if several other guys are making the same machine, i am hard pressed to consider it an invention. i have no way of knowing that they did not get wind of it, then rip it off. there are machines on the market already, and theirs is still in the formative stages, so i can?t see how they claim to have invented it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Who is saying it's the same machine?

It's obviously a new machine which gives the same end result as other machines. Perhaps the results are better than the others.

Every patent awarded is for something invented, no?

you do have a point that it might have some variances from the machines on the market, but it is basically the same concept. to me it is like looking at a coffee grinder and designing a different blade to do the same job.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dominicanas" WANT to spend 3 or 4 hours at the "Salon"!!!!!!!!
It's NOT just about getting their hair and nails done. it's a social event that gets them out of the house!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Dominicanas" WANT to spend 3 or 4 hours at the "Salon"!!!!!!!!
It's NOT just about getting their hair and nails done. it's a social event that gets them out of the house!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

brilliant insight, CCC!!! that machine might work in the US, where time is money. no woman here wants to be in and out of the salon, or nail salon, in 10 minutes. just too many stories and gossip to share. besides, the majority have nothing pressing to do, anyway. might as well blow the time in a hen party.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nail polish machine is in many ways useless. i can do my own nails, thanks. why i get mani/pedi is to trim and prep the nail. for every day simple one colour it makes no sense as it will never be as precise as a hand job (so to speak). it could work for patterns and designs on the run. but there is a reason why those machines have been around for a while (as per my earlier post) but they did not conquer the market.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Would think that a nail-painting machine would be more precise than doing it by hand. Get a manicure-pedicure once a month, and then use the machine for changing color every week. Makes sense to me. There is a salon-culture in the DR as in few other countries. Consider, it is one of the few businesses that do not pay ITBIS! It could be that the inventors have done something to get it right. They were given three dozen patents of the kind to study and improve. And they had the experience of all the women in their lives and their friends to consult. The challenge is now finding someone to buy the patent. At least they can now market it in Spain. I would think they are working on getting the US patent. The friends of the inventor seemed to think they had already gotten that patent but they may have been wrong as per the El Caribe article.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nails are different shapes and sizes, even on the same person, on the same hand. it would be difficult to do a precise, even coating on each individual nail, every time. a skilled worker can do nails in minutes. all perfect.