Looking for info on Venus cabana in Puerto Plata

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
Does anyone know much about Venus? I went there a couple of times last time I was in town and actually thought it was a pretty nice place. Very clean, private and affordable.

I am visiting again this summer and would like to contact someone there for room rates and info. I remember seeing some rooms had pools and would like to know how to reserve them.

Last time I looked, they had no website or phone number. Can anyone help? Thanks.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Does anyone know much about Venus? I went there a couple of times last time I was in town and actually thought it was a pretty nice place. Very clean, private and affordable.

I am visiting again this summer and would like to contact someone there for room rates and info. I remember seeing some rooms had pools and would like to know how to reserve them.

Last time I looked, they had no website or phone number. Can anyone help? Thanks.

the local authority on poon tang, and any related details, is a guy affectionately known as CCC. ask for his pearls of bedroom wisdom.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
reserve a room in a cabana? uhm. ok. try to call them at 809 970 7106.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Booked solid every holiday weekend in these parts...families , the works..

I hear they have overnite rates on a normal basis........economical too, I hear

not to steal CCCologne's thunder.... just hearsay on my part

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
uhm. ok. ;)
FYI, i tried to call them but of course no one picks up the phone. i would suggest alternatives. there are few cheap hotels in POP and plenty of cheap apartments for rent in costambar (starting per night). why don't you try those?
Aparta-Hotel Lomar, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Hotel Victoriano, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Loase Resort and Spa - Costambar - Puerto Plata Dominican Republic

nobody answers because the receptionist is blowing a meat whistle in the kitchen.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I too am known to use cabanas for cheap overnighters. Done this in a lot of places; SDQ, Santiago, Jarabacoa, san Pedro, San Fransisco, POP.. Usually just drive in and ask for a double amount of hours.

This usually gives you a short but good rest.

Just remeber to bring a bag with toiletries, an extra towel, bed linen and a good pillow.

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
I really want the room with the private pool at Venus. Is that some type of Presidential Suite? Has anyone here splurged?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I really want the room with the private pool at Venus. Is that some type of Presidential Suite? Has anyone here splurged?

presidential suite should be about 1,000 pesos plus another 1,000 for the pool. which is what other places in the area charge. or so i've heard. :speechles

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
presidential suite should be about 1,000 pesos plus another 1,000 for the pool. which is what other places in the area charge. or so i've heard. :speechles

Thanks. Is that nightly or for a short stay? Are the pools private or shared?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks. Is that nightly or for a short stay? Are the pools private or shared?

in this other place, i was told, uhm, that the rate was for a usual 4 hour slot. not sure about pools,only few villas have them and they are lined up next to one another. i mean, so they say.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in this other place, i was told, uhm, that the rate was for a usual 4 hour slot. not sure about pools,only few villas have them and they are lined up next to one another. i mean, so they say.

yay, dv8 is a mod!

go gurl!!!