Quirino Paulino Savages Leonel on Skype

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominican Republic drug lord calls ex president 'bandit'(Update)

P. Castillo in skype call.

More Paulino allegations

Santo Domingo.-Drug trafficker Quirino Paulino on Thursday said the savings former president Leonel Fern?ndez and senator Felix Bautista had in the collapsed Baninter bank remained frozen when it was ordered closed.

"When Hipolito (former president Mej?a) shut Baninter’s doors the two of them (Fernandez and Bautista) immediately crumbled. Leonel doused the fire on Ramon Baez Figueroa (Baninter president) with me. He betrayed me, He put me in the middle to clean up the Baninter case.”

Ending days of doubts on allegations voiced in media programs, convicted drug lord Quirino Paulino showed his face Thursday in a Skype call to a nationally televised program in which he called former president Leonel Fern?ndez a "bandit."

Paulino also challenged Justice minister Francisco Dominguez to open an investigation to challenge his accusations against several Dominican politicians and personalities.

Speaking Thurs. morning in the TV program Hilando Fino, Paulino warned Fernandez that he’ll take his case "to the very end," reiterating that the also president of the Dominican Republic’s ruling PLD party owes him RD$200.0 million (US$4.4million), allegedly loaned for the presidential bid in 2004.

"I'm a drug dealer, but I'm no thief. Those who don’t know me, know that I’m not capable of slander. I do this Leonel Fernandez, because of your disloyalty, for your disrespect," said the also former Capt. in the Dominican Army.

he will take the case to the very end. sounds ominous to me.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Quirino has no leg to stand on. There are no agencies with the authority to do anything about his allegations. And if they could, they would not.

When he says "I'm a drug dealer, but I'm no thief", it highlights his lack of pragmatically assessing the situation, because when you're a convicted drug dealer your credibility in a court of law goes right out the window in the instance where the convicted dealer in question is going against the ingrained, established history of cronyism, corruption, and nepotism that are the cornerstones of Dominican government.

How in the world could this guy expect payback for illegally gotten money? The hubris is astounding.

He got off pretty damn good considering he's out of jail and got a free ticket to the US for himself and the rest of his family. I know he accomplished this by making a deal with the US government, but it further highlights the terrible decisions made on behalf of criminals like Quirino. We don't need these types of Dominicans polluting our country, yet here they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Quirino able to keep some of his ill-gotten loot? I'm sure he did not report all of his assets to the US government, but I'm not sure.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Is this topic too hot for some of our most opinated DR'ers to comment on? ... Is this the end of LF as a presidential candidate or politician for that matter? OR does this great country of ours really doesn't care who our 'leaders' associate with? , not that there is anything wrong with borrowing a few millions here and there if you intent on paying back in some form, be that as a favor or monetarily.

Comments, sarcastics remarks ?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Is this topic too hot for some of our most opinated DR'ers to comment on? ... Is this the end of LF as a presidential candidate or politician for that matter? OR does this great country of ours really doesn't care who our 'leaders' associate with? , not that there is anything wrong with borrowing a few millions here and there if you intent on paying back in some form, be that as a favor or monetarily.

it is not the end of Leonel. a chicken and a bottle of Brugal work wonders.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
leonel is already proudly saying that those false accusations come from his strong policy on fighting drugs. how he can say this with a straight face holds the secret to the future of cosmetic surgery industry. whatever it is it must be better than botox.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
it is not the end of Leonel. a chicken and a bottle of Brugal work wonders.

Wow!?! No wonder .... As the song goes... Por eso estamos como estamos por eso nunca progresamos... If LF political career survives this then we should not blame the low level govt workers for wanting/asking for money before they move a govt form from one desk to another. LF should step aside, be example for future generations and be the leader he once came across as..... There is so much more I like to write about but when I think about it I say to myself "who am I kidding ? This is not the utopian world I like to live in. This is reality. The world over is full of LFs".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow!?! No wonder .... As the song goes... Por eso estamos como estamos por eso nunca progresamos... If LF political career survives this then we should not blame the low level govt workers for wanting/asking for money before they move a govt form from one desk to another. LF should step aside, be example for future generations and be the leader he once came across as..... There is so much more I like to write about but when I think about it I say to myself "who am I kidding ? This is not the utopian world I like to live in. This is reality. The world over is full of LFs".

he will survive. the people will vote for him again, and again. trust me. they will find it in themselves to give him a pass, by transferring any culpability to Paulino.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
right now there is no other realistic choice but PLD. maybe in few elections time things will shift. remember that PRSC ruled for decades and look where they are now.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
let Paulino bring some "proofs" of something on the table, then he will be worth to be listened to.
as long as he is just accusing the Man who signed his extradiction, all his speech will just come over as revenge, exactly what it looks like to me by now/til now. and it brings Paulino some nice publicity which he may be able to use to gain what ever he may be looking for.
til the day he shows some real proof of something, his speech will be just that: a acusation for revenge.
will people vote for Leonel for President again?
heck yes, of course they will, for as long as he will be on the list of choices on election day. there is no other party to vote for.

Mike

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
yes dv8 totally correct there is not an alternative ,,and really who in their right mind would listen to a convicted drug lord who was extradited by LF to the USA ..Of course just because he made a donation to LF or the PLD he thought he had purchased immunity but how wrong he was .

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Whichever one promises to lower the exit fees will get the vote of my chicas.

I will unite the chicas!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
El Grande Hablador

This is good.
El Grande Hablador deserves to be in the world news.

donP

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

This is a no brainer, ask yourself or and reasonable person should this affect his running for office? When you have your answer, the opposite is what will happen here. Simple!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so do you really believe that there was a deal of Borrowed Money they had a agreement on some payback of that money?? like a credit from a bank? no freakin' way. what ever monies are paid for such Presi Campaigns, doesn't matter where they come from, are Not a Loan, they are a "present".

Mike