American Caught with 3 Hand Guns at AILA

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Aeropuerto Internacional de las Am?ricas
The Dominican Intelligence service (J-2) caught Robinson Jean Louis when he arrived on a flight from the US bringing with him 3 semi-automatic hand guns, ammunition and accessories.

The man explained that he needed the guns for his and his family's protection and with the high costs of obtaining the weapons locally....

El Caribe ? Detienen estadounidense en el AILA con armas de fuego ilegales

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i loved his excuse. i bet he was damn surprised they put him in the clink.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Is it that easy?

OMAIGAAA_zps80pih4zs.jpg

.....if it is that easy to get on a US flight with 3 guns in one's luggage...

donP

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
OMAIGAAA_zps80pih4zs.jpg

.....if it is that easy to get on a US flight with 3 guns in one's luggage...

donP

Airport security is handled in the US by the Transport Security Administration

TSA

Thousands Standing Around
Tray Stackers Association
Take Scissors Away

to name a few

Jan 9, 2004
That would be my question, how did he get on the plane in the first place?

It is not illegal to transport guns on a flight....it's done all the time.

Advance notice to the airline, placed unloaded/secured in checked luggage, papers/licenses in order. Its done more often than you think.

The dumb part is, the person sounds like he has familiarity with at least DR gun prices.....but not DR laws involving importation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I suspect he knew only too well, the laws regarding importation. Even in the most liberal countries, bringing in firearms requires paperwork.

What he failed to consider is that using those pistols would bring about the same end they were intended to prevent, only much slower in a dank aids infested cell somewhere.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Illegal guns are brought into the DR all of the time. This guy, one who probably had good intentions for self defense, just got caught.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
He probably did not bring them as "carry on" luggage. He surely packed them in a checked bag as they are not closely scrutinized at all.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Illegal guns are brought into the DR all of the time. This guy, one who probably had good intentions for self defense, just got caught.

3 of them with 6 chargers?
i would think he wanted to keep one illegal gun in his house for his own self defense and the other two been meant to be sold on the black market to make some bucks. with 3 guns on one person they can take him as a illegal firearms dealer/contraband, if a judge wanna take him hard he could face a very very tough extended time frame of rough winds now.

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
True I brought my 2 pistols and 22 Ruger rifle in.;)

did you smuggle them in illegally and have them illegally hidden in your house, or did you do the paperwork and have them registered, something that is done all the time.
i brought a 92FS Beretta in 99 or 2000, dont remember the exact year, from Miami. upon arrival she entered the process to get registered here in DR and 2 or 3 months later i had her in hand with the appropriate papers and the 1 year carry on gun permit. things sure changed since then and i did not follow up on any updates with the actual laws, but i would await that a private person can without any troubles bring one semiautomatic(cal not higher than 9mm of course) for the own use, gets it registered and the gun permit issued(if not failing on the psychological test or such).

Mike

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Oh cool, a scary evil gun thread.

Sometimes, late at night I can hear them plotting against us. True story, bro.

May 12, 2005

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
3 guns....2 hands......hmmmmm. Just kidding I agree with a previous poster. One for the house and 2 for sale. I have no problem with a trained person owning a handgun for protection in this country. But no cowboys please. And I like real cowboys.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I can tell this guy hardly ever travel through Las Americas. 90% of the time they check me coming in and going out. I remember two American guys searching my luggage asking if I am bringing in 10K in cash. I don’t know who they were but they were trying to act like law enforcement.