EncargoPAQ problems?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Anyone else is having problems with Encargo Paq lately? Most of my requests and complaints are unanswered. 3-4-5 day delays are now common, between the actual delivery and the time the package is registered in the account. Here is a standard reply -

----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Please note that UPS, Fedex, Usps or any other carrier deliver a large number of packages that need to go through a process of reception in Miami before being registered in the system,

The delays and inconvenient that you may find now are part of a process to improve the service that our client deserve, we are a company that is growing and we needed these changes to be prepared for this growing.

Please find below the information of your package

Best regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------

Then they sent a 1 Lb package with a cell phone I ordered by sea, not air. And here is their reply when I asked them why they did this -

-----------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon,

The package was shipped by Maritime to avoid inconvenience of lost or damage during the moving in Miami.
Please note that you'll be receiving your package with a 50% discount due the inconvenient.

Regards,

------------------------------------------------------------

The phone was received in Miami over 2 weeks ago, and it still has not arrived here.

I have switched now to another carrier.

Jan 17, 2009
I'm still waiting for one of two packages that arrive to them on Feb. 6 and for which I immediately uploaded the Amazon receipts.

When I saw I got one package and not the other, I send an email to Fanny who responded my package would be sent to Santo Domingo the following morning. That was Feb. 10.

Yesterday, I contacted her again, and the response was just unbelievable. Since they're moving, they decided to send all packages by ship instead of flight, thus it won't be arriving in Santo Domingo until tomorrow. Unacceptable. I've already moved to CPS.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
In the PC and Higuey area BMG seems to be the better of all choices. Don't know if they work in the Capital or north coast

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Think twice about rage-switching to CPS.

Twenty-days later and they're still trying to find my package.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Normally Encargopaq work very well, but since their moving everything is slow, when the package is delivered to the warehouse it takes 2-3 days before Encargopaq record it on its tracking system...

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
that's WHY i HAVE USED EPS FO 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Never had a problem with EPS-Quick turnaround time and reliable-However, the price is the issue. 1-5 pounds is over $4 per pound. There is a BMCargo office just down from EPS there in AH on Camino Chiquito-It appears that their price for 1-5 pounds is about $2.65 per pound by air-30-50 pounds ($1.50/pound)-This is significantly less, but I have not given them a try, so can't say much about the reliability of their service.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Had a package delivered in Miami on 2/13 - still not in the system yet. An email from encargopaq confirms package delivered per USPS tracking number but says sometimes usps marks as delivered when not actually done....meanwhile they will relook for it. First time problems with this company to date over a couple of months. EPS - quick delivery with package but not the same with correspondence !! Once took over 6 months for a letter to be delivered from them - they had no clue where or what had happened to it.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
In the PC and Higuey area BMG seems to be the better of all choices. Don't know if they work in the Capital or north coast

400 packages + with Vimenpaq in Bavaro in 3 years. Not ONCE a problem, can your BMG beat that? ;)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Switched CPS yesterday. Encargo is still looking for 3 packages that were registered in Miami 2 weeks ago. ONe the say they cannot find at all and one they said they delivered to us but could not produce the reciept of delivery. They have given us a song and dance now for 2 weeks and my hopes of seeing the packages are. .....ZERO!!
Maybe they are in financial trouble in Miami and had to pack uo and move quickely so I am sure they are in a world of heat. We have removed ourselves from that world.

Bob K

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
JetPack is slow again too; I'm waiting for a package that arrived in Miami a week ago yesterday.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry to see the new address is causing issues. I have not had any issues yet, but my most recent shipments were before their move. I have two packages on the way to them, one is on a slow boat from China (not really a boat, but slow courier from China) to their OLD address since it was before they changed and the other is to the new address. We will see how it goes.

I do not think this is about them not doing well. Whenever I see their office they have a large number of items, so it is not a lack of business in Cabarete/Sosua.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I asked this morning about issues and received this reply:

USPS has been showing a lot of packages delivered in Miami and but most of them show delivered to 33122 that you know is not our zip code, some of them has been delivered days later in most cases after the clients file a claim, as you may undesrtand that is not our fault but some clients do not undersatand it.

The only inconvenient we had was that due the process of moving we had to ship all the packages that we had in warehouse at the time of moving by maritime and the clients are complaining for the delay, today we are delivering those packages and everithing is back to normal.

From our new address we are now in more control of the packages received in our warehouse.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I hoped they have the issues straighten out now. I have been pleased with the service.

I also had a problem this week. One package was sent by air one by ship. The funny thing was the one shipped by air arrived in Miami days after the first, why wasn't that one shipped by martimo.

I was told Tues that the other package would arrive Wednesday. I even told the person, just tell me Thursday because I don't think an entire ship is going to be cleared and my package delivered in one day. Nooo she said don't worry,.. Yeah it arrived today. I'm going to stay with them because this is the first issue I have had and I understand the problem with logistics. Famous last words.

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
all of them, Encargo, EPS, CPS etc are having problems with the Dominican customs. Customs are ****ed that they can not tax small packets and are making their life's and ours hell.

Changing caryers will make no difference, I have been for many years happy with EPS and will sit trough this with them.

Regards

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
Every package I receive has been opened and re-sealed, even items costing less than$10. Their place in Sosua seems chaotic, they say things have been picked up which haven't only for them to turn up a week later. They may have problems with moving the warehouse but I think they also have local problems as well.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Encargopaq told me that they will continue to receive packages at the old Florida address until Feb. 27.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encargopaq told me that they will continue to receive packages at the old Florida address until Feb. 27.

I have a slow boat from China item ordered before the announcement of the move. It could arrive through USPS after Feb 27. It should be a trivial matter for USPS to forward my item if it arrives at the beginning of March to the new address. Operative word is "should".. USPS is one reason for many of the problems for which freight forwarders end up taking the blame. I will work with USPS to see if they can be well informed of this move since I have a personal risk in it. I am sure it will be like herding cats.

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
USPS is really problematic down in Miami. my friend sent a package "priority mail" to zip 33178 the tracking# shows it was delivered to zip 33122 raising his blood pressure. the package did make it to the right destination 2 days later. It looks like the best way to use USPS to miami is to add adult signature required that's an extra $5.
"overnight" works great with them