Newbie from Massachusetts, Visiting 3/19-3/24/15

Tracy Petit Berns

Feb 20, 2015
Hello! My husband and I are visiting DR in March, and are looking forward to learning as much as we can about the area before we go. Will be staying at Cofresi in Puerto Plata, flying into and out of Santiago. I'll be posting requests for information on:

Transportation To/From Airport, including shared rides
Tipping Expectations
All inclusive information, as we've never done it before
Beaches
Safety

Nice to be here - we are very excited to be visiting!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello! My husband and I are visiting DR in March, and are looking forward to learning as much as we can about the area before we go. Will be staying at Cofresi in Puerto Plata, flying into and out of Santiago. I'll be posting requests for information on:

Transportation To/From Airport, including shared rides
Tipping Expectations
All inclusive information, as we've never done it before
Beaches
Safety

Nice to be here - we are very excited to be visiting!

Transportation/ you are pretty much on your own. I would suggest you hire a car and driver. Yes it won't be cheap, probably a minimum of $80 or more one way. Bring a bunch of $ bills and tip the bell boy, bar tender, maids during your stay. You will find that your service level will be rewarded. All inclusive is just that. Unlimited drinks and food. Try not to over indulge especially on fruit and fruit drinks. Your system is not use to that and I have seen many people who end up not leaving their bathrooms. Inside of the all-inclusive should be very safe. Take some guided tours to explore the area. Puerta Plata accommodations are probably cheaper than Punta Cana but remember most of the hotels are also much older. Good luck with your trip.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
cccccccccccc Coconut, pineapple, mango and many other fruits will make you a regular on this forum.