Looking for store suggestions in the capital

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Looking to get suggestions for stores in the capital to buy some finishing touches for my moms house..

I am looking for high quality pedestal sinks, porcelain sinks, grills/bbq, natural stone such as granite/marble for countertops.. I am looking for stores with good selections of high quality items.. thanks in advance! I am also looking for a supplier for stainless steel countertops if anyone has seen them..

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
For anything to do with granite, marble, coraline, go to Abasa on 27th February. Contact there is Vanessa Calca?o, she speaks very good English, 809 530 4444. They have their own quarry and a very good range of stones. Their prices are very good, much better than you will get in the stores.

For anything stainless steel, there is a shop called Jaraba on Avenida San Martin, you go past Sambil, continue through the lights and it is on your right hand side. They should be able to advise you where you get anything they don't supply, they only work with stainless steel. 809 565-8449.

For the high quality porcelain, I would suggest Carabela on Lope de Vega, they are about as good as it gets in my opinion. They also have an outlet store on the extension of the 27th February which sells stuff at a discount. Their website is Carabela

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks a lot TropicalPaul, that was a great answer.. Have you ever seen any stores with nice selections of bbq grills in the capital?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
If you have time and the desire to get best value, there are lots of outlets for ceramics, marble and local stones alongside Autopista Duarte from km 10 onwards for several kms towards Santiago. Always has been the place to buy stone products and many offer bathroom products too at lower prices than you will find downtown. The big stores in the plazas downtown are probably best to buy imported bathroom furniture and bbq furniture too.....even Carrefour (km11) has a decent bbq selection normally.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
If you have time and the desire to get best value, there are lots of outlets for ceramics, marble and local stones alongside Autopista Duarte from km 10 onwards for several kms towards Santiago. Always has been the place to buy stone products and many offer bathroom products too at lower prices than you will find downtown. The big stores in the plazas downtown are probably best to buy imported bathroom furniture and bbq furniture too.....even Carrefour (km11) has a decent bbq selection normally.

is carrefour a membership only store or can anyone go in? thanks for your answer btw!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Although quite expensive, Ferreteria Americana at the Galleria 360 on Av. Kennedy has a huge selection of high end products for the home.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
IKEA "pressed wood" furniture doesn't survive the DR's climate, or maids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out ferreteria Hache on Kennedy.
They have everything, and a dept where you can sit with a rep. and plan what you need.
A lot OF PATIO FURNITURE, AND BBQ grills too.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I hate their service but Molina on Tiradentes has Weber grills. Innova (formerly known as La Innovacion) on Kennedy have also a high end brand of grills, according to the reviews on Internet even better than Weber, but these start at 50,000 pesos. I forgot the name of that brand.

Other places often sell Charbroil trash. Don't buy that in this climate. In my family several have Charbroil and they are rusting away. Others bought Weber around the same time and they are like brand new.

For good quality sinks, faucets, tiles, etc. I'd go to Cerarte on 27 de Febrero. For better prices to Cerarte proyectos, just across the street, where they sell opportunities.