Honda Pilot

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Bought a Santa Fe over a year ago, with which I'm satisfied, despite some minor issues. However, since two months ago we received a new family member, I'm thinking of changing it for a three row car. I thought about the Honda Odysseu and the Toyota Sienna, but noticed the Honda Pilot has three rows as well, is more an SUV than the other two and is more within my budget. Any comments about that particular make and type?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Bought a Santa Fe over a year ago, with which I'm satisfied, despite some minor issues. However, since two months ago we received a new family member, I'm thinking of changing it for a three row car. I thought about the Honda Odysseu and the Toyota Sienna, but noticed the Honda Pilot has three rows as well, is more an SUV than the other two and is more within my budget. Any comments about that particular make and type?

you can?t go wrong with a Honda...

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Honda automobiles have good engines. As long as you maintain your Honda it will last a while.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have a santa fe and it does have an additional row of seats, i think it's the case for newer models (ours is 2010). so maybe you can stay with the same brand but newer? toyota highlander and landcruiser prado also have additional seating. not sure how they fit in your budget thou.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Mine is 2010 also but American version and without 3rd row. It should be possible to have a 3rd row installed but I doubt that can be done here.

I'm thinking to spend around 750,000, so I'm afraid prado and highlander are out of the question, really like Highlander though.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how about kia sorento? nissan pathfinder? ford explorer? all have additional seats and look like your regular SUV.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
long as you change the oil it will run almost as far as a Toyota. Gotta agree with G. I have two Ford Explorers and they need repairs on a regular basis. One in US and one in the DR. Wife likes them. One of the "secrets" to being married is to choose your battles. Most stuff is not that important and she likes to think she is getting what she wants. Now she is getting tired of the Fords so I have a chance to convince her she wants a Toyota.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I did not see a Kia Sorrento diesel for sale here. I do have one with a gasoline engine.

i have seen many. they are very highly regarded in automobile reviews and customer testimonials. they are supposedly particularly good for towing, and that speaks volumes for a car.

Jan 9, 2004
Mine is 2010 also but American version and without 3rd row. It should be possible to have a 3rd row installed but I doubt that can be done here.

I'm thinking to spend around 750,000, so I'm afraid prado and highlander are out of the question, really like Highlander though.

Third row was discontinued in 2010 (customer complaints...not enough space) and is now only available on the Santa Fe Sport.

750,000 pesos or about $17,000 will have you reaching back for older versions of the Pilot, Odyssey or Sienna.

If you desire SUV qualities, the Pilot fits the bill. For sheer roominess, the Odyssey or the Sienna are also good choices. Just be aware that quality can vary between different years and the first year of a new style....always has bugs that need to be worked out.

When you narrow your year, make and model down, PM me and I will run it through my clients database that aggregates known problems, recalls, complaints, etc.....and then provides rankings for models within their respective categories.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Honda automobiles have good engines. As long as you maintain your Honda it will last a while.

toyotas are made for the long haul....hondas are made for a 10-15 year stretch....of course in d.r. most take care of a vehicle better....careful etc but the pilot is a good one