My Chihuahua had puppies...Flight back home booked... thoughts?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Its not possible to fly with a mom and her babies, right? So babies will be about 6 weeks, and I think that is too young to be taken from their moms.. Anyone agree? I have a flight to travel back to the states for 6 months on April 1st, there is no way I will leave the mom, and we are traveling with 3 dogs, so we can only take 1 puppy with us.. So we have 4 babies that will be 6 weeks.. Should I change my flight and skip Easter in the states?

I want to do what's right for the puppies. I know that we got the mom and another puppy around 5 weeks because that is when the Dominican Family was separating their babies from the mom, but I've always felt this was too young.. Although I have 2 healthy dogs that were given to me at 5 weeks.

What are your thoughts? I'm in San Fran if anyone wants a Chihuahua.. I'd prefer to find ex-pat homes but people who won't leave them here when they leave.. I don't want one our puppies to get attached to a family and the family leave them.. So don't bother if you won't plan on bringing them with you.

Jen

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
most airlines have a minimum age to fly. Lots of restrictions these days. Call the airline. It its AA forget about it. Their only answer is no to all pet related questions is no.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Most Airlines will fly puppies with their mother in the same cage without problems but usually they (puppies) have to be 8 weeks old... But the Vet can "arrange" the papers to show that they are 8 weeks old...

Sep 4, 2012
Most Airlines will fly puppies with their mother in the same cage without problems but usually they (puppies) have to be 8 weeks old... But the Vet can "arrange" the papers to show that they are 8 weeks old...

One of the "perks" in the DR.....anything is possible :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
JetBlue is 'cabin only' , under the seat

How many do you want put under the seat....? ?
make sure they understand your situation.... it would be a shame to be turned away at the ticket kiosk

Size & weight restrictions on the carrier....and JetBlue suggests 'One Pet' per customer

be sure to call first....... sounds 'iffy' to me

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Our dog had puppies last year [in DR], they're supposed to be 8 weeks to fly, but our vet back dated the birth 2 weeks for us. On United Airlines, each dog had to be in its own airline approved carrier, under the seat in front of you. No more than 4 dogs total on the plane, so we had to check a few flights to be sure of no problems. Cost was $125 to airline per animal. Cost of the papers required from the Dominican vet were about 1500 pesos each, if I remember correctly. $10 USD for a paper at the Dominican airport. In NY it was easy as pie coming through, they barely looked at the paperwork or the dog

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I HAVE A FEMALE CHIHUAHUA.
She needs a "boyfriend".
I would be very happy, not as happy as her though, I you could drop off a male at her house here in SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
There is sterilization clinic in Sosua. Please consider that.

Oh? Is that better than the vet here in San Francisco that fixed my male? Don't judge. I've taken care of the problem with male.. And the girl will be fixed when I get to NY..

I HAVE A FEMALE CHIHUAHUA.
She needs a "boyfriend".
I would be very happy, not as happy as her though, I you could drop off a male at her house here in SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Seriously would you like one? They are really cute.. We have 4 boys.. :) 2 white 1 dark cream, and 1 black.... Too cute..

10453448_779234552130256_3248879463313314879_n_zps2fb43c99.jpg

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
YES I would!!!!!!!
YOU JUST HAVE TO DROP OF A MALE HERE IN sd.
A "white one" please.
My female is black, and she wants to "Mejor La Raza"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We live next to the National Zoo in Arroyo Hondo.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
YES I would!!!!!!!
YOU JUST HAVE TO DROP OF A MALE HERE IN sd.
A "white one" please.
My female is black, and she wants to "Mejor La Raza"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We live next to the National Zoo in Arroyo Hondo.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Awesome!! We have two white males!!!

You need them both, right? hehehe

10989193_10152698421291762_2975148858255349505_o.jpg

The one with the black spots is my only female.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
teach them not to be so brave, eh? today one of our rotties nearly killed a chihuahua who suddenly attacked her. rottie had that damn bastard pinned to the ground in a split second and miesposo pulled her back before she closed the jaws on that small empty head. why them small goggies always run around unattended?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Yeah we have 3 Chi's and 2 of them will immediately roll on their backs for big dogs, and we have one who doesn't roll over..she crouches down.. and big dogs HATE her for that.. She's been mauled twice in her little life. and she's the BEST dog.

Not sure we can teach them that.. they seem to all at birth think they are great dane's with attitudes. ;)

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
DV8.. you need a little Ferocious, great dane with attitude to add to your pack.. Which one of these would you like? lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i keep on finding flat mice in the garden. dogs just step on them to check out what that it may be. i feel the same fate may fall upon a small dog :)

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
hehehe.. It's just funny because a lot of times you see people with the Rotti's or Great Dane's and a little chihuahua ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know. my in laws have chi, a rottie, a husky and a GS. unfortunately the husky thinks the funniest thing on earth is to toss chi in the air. small bugger liked it too until one day husky grabbed her little harder... now chi stays inside.

anyways, your goggies are super cute. i hope you can travel back without problems.