New Inversor Make/Model Recommendations

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am going to replace my current modified sine wave inversor with a new one. Nothing wrong with the current one except I find it a little under powered and I really need a Tue/Pure Sine Wave invertor for my computers, audio equip. and all of my NA digital clocks not to mention eliminating ceiling fan hum that jolts us awake in the middle of the night.

I am looking for a 300W-4000W continuous inversor that produces a pure sine wave at 60hz. I would prefer something that is either produced or commonly available here so that service/parts are are not an issue.

If you are happy with your inversor I would appreciate hearing from you with respect to the manufacturer of the unit to help me narrow down my search for products that are available here. I'll do the research on which particular model I want after figuring out who's products are available. Most of you will have a modified sine wave inversor, but every major manufacturer will have a PSW model available.

Also of interest are quality inversor retailers with good reputations for pricing and service. Doesn't really matter to me where they are located as I'll buy and ship the unit to the north coast if need be.

Thx in advance.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
One of Santiago's oldest and most respected supplier of inversors & batteries is LH Assocs 809 971 9144

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Buster.... call my guy .... Richard Ellis here in Cabrera.........I'll e-mail you his number

Outback & Victron is what he put in for me.......... he's Cdn/American

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have been using the modified square wave versions of inverters from Megatone/Inverluz for some time after my Trace DR series inverters (DR3624 and DR1524) finally gave out and needed new controller cards. The controller cards for the Trace units were as much as buying new Megatone inverters.

They have true sine wave models available in Puerto Plata. Locally sold and serviced out of their store in Puerto Plata or at Inverluz in Moca.

Megatone 2014 - Inversores - Sine Wave IS4024C1ES

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
They are a Dominican company and you are in The Dominican Republic where Spanish is the language.

This is certainly true. However, one or two sales to unilingual gringos per month would more than cover the cost of an English speaking employee. I sent them a contact email using google translate via their web page. We'll see quickly they read/respond to that...

Cash

May 16, 2013
ad•van•ta•geous
(ˌ?d vənˈteɪ dʒəs)

adj.
providing an advantage; favorable; profitable; beneficial.

[1590–1600]

ad`van•ta′geous•ly, adv.

ad`van•ta′geous•ness, n.

Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, ? 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd.
Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

For those of you that don't know....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is certainly true. However, one or two sales to unilingual gringos per month would more than cover the cost of an English speaking employee. I sent them a contact email using google translate via their web page. We'll see quickly they read/respond to that...

Neither you nor I is the tail that is going to wag that dog in the DR. One needs to learn to speak Spanish if you want to get around in the DR. To think otherwise is naive.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
4 months in country, I think I'm doing quite well. I can do a lot of nouns and some verbs conjugated properly, most not. Sentences with adjectives, adverbs and pronouns still elude me. In time....Speaking with gringos in Spanish is much easier than the locals with their rapid tempo, use of slang and pronunciation. Face to face is a bit easier than on the phone. I learn something new everyday, given enough days... In the meantime, I do what I can and relay on the kindness of others (like you) to help me out. Thx again for making that call.

Dave - If that dog will run on a treadmill when the power goes out...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
go easy on the Gringo.. he's jet lagged

just back from the Oscars after not winning Best Short Documentary.
about his odyssey to RD

I agree aboit the telephone being hard -- really hard for me.

I bought my car here on Google Translate... we each used it -- both ends..dealer and I used it

perfecto !!

Gringo....SpanishDict | English to Spanish Translation, Dictionary, Translator sends you a word a day and two sentences for its use..

helps me a lot

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Richard Ellis

Buster.... call my guy .... Richard Ellis here in Cabrera.........I'll e-mail you his number

Outback & Victron is what he put in for me.......... he's Cdn/American

William can you also send me Richards contact info ( e-mail as well if you have) , if he travels to Cabarete.. I need a Quote on a NEW Inverter System Complete.

many thanks

-Serge