It Must Be On Purpose

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
We've had a filtracion issue since we moved in to our apartment almost 2 years ago.

The landlord has put band-aids on it and never fixed the problem.

She'll finally do it the right way (we live on the top level) by repaving the roof so the water runs off correctly after months and months of telling her how to fix it properly.

Awesome.

We tell her don't do it between Feb. 16th - Mar. 12th because my family will be here visiting.

She has known that since December.

They started work today.

They didn't tell us they were going to do the work. Just woke up to loud bangs.

We don't have water.

None of our neighbors in our building have water.

She left me a message saying she will put our tinaco back tomorrow but none of the neighbors.

If the neighbors want their tinaco back in place they have to pay her or hire someone else.

When she originally asked the Junta de Vecinos if she could do the work they told her anything you remove you must replace.

It's like she is doing this bat crazy **** on purpose.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I posted this in haste and as I've re-read it, it doesn't make much sense from the outside.

Basically my point is that people do stupid, inconveniencing things purposely, knowing it's an inconvenience.

I think it is time to move from this apartment.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen, the landlord does things when it's convenient to her. that you suffer is meaningless to her.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
From now until our contract expires, any issue we have I'm just going to fix it myself, take the parts out from the rent and my time out of the rent.

If she doesn't like it too bad.

I feel we'll have a showdown about the deposit when we leave.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Fill the tinaco with Barcelo Anejo, this will all come together for you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And even worse, you will still have "filtraciones", maybe even WORSE, when they finish!!!!
EVERY flat roof in the DR has "filtraciones"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never live on the top floor of any building, or in a house with a flat roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Doesn't matter where you live, unless you buy there is a good chance the landlord will be a shark. I wouldn't move over this, it is pretty normal for landlords to be hopeless once they have you under contract. Just tell her that until she rectifies the issues you will be witholding the rent.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
And you live in what country!!! People showing up to do work is NOT on your schedule but their schedule. Hey they showed up!!