Questions about Samana

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have a friend of a friend looking for info on Samana. Budject hotels in the area, are the whales still around to be seen. Then how to get from Samana to las Galeras, Las Terrenas , Limon falls, Playa rincon. Best route to take and method of transport etc

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I have a friend of a friend looking for info on Samana. Budject hotels in the area, are the whales still around to be seen. Then how to get from Samana to las Galeras, Las Terrenas , Limon falls, Playa rincon. Best route to take and method of transport etc

First of all where is this person coming from? Do they have a vehicle? Your best bet is to go on to trip advisor to find a list of hotels. The whales are here until around the middle of March. You can go on the NE thread and look at the tourist guide at the top.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
define "budget".
its always the best to have your own transport, but if the road is not broken, guaguas and buses will always run.
no idea about whales
btw. playa rincon is overrated

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
He is taking a guagua from Dominicus to La Romana then on to SD where he will take Caribe tour bus to Samana. Once there he wants to visit the other mentioned places. He does have a contact number for someone doing the whale tours.Maybe once in Samana he can get around in guaguas?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
he should be able to stop at the new toll road for the bus.... avoid going into SD..... faster, easier.....

Samana peninsula is just like the rest of RD...Guaguas abound.... cheap trips to everywhere.

Its not big, the peninsula.... out to Las Galeras, over the hill to LT..... short trips in comparison to other places

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Only if

Maybe once in Samana he can get around in guaguas?

If time if not an issue. True story: When going from Samana to Las Galeras in guagua, the driver stopped at his house along the way and quickly changed shirt :rolleyes:. I took a Taxi from LG to LT on my way back.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Finding a gua gua from Samana to Las Galeras will not be a problem; sometimes a bit quirky, but not a problem. He can find gua guas between these places, but I'm pretty sure he won't be able to get one gua gua that will take him to them all. He will be able to get a gua gua from Samana to Limon, but he'll have to get a moto to one of the horse farms that take vistors up to the falls. Another gua gua goes from Limon to LT. And then, as already pointed out, there is time; time from arrival at one location to departure to another. I would recommend going to Samana; spend some time there and go out with Kim Beddall to see the whales; take the gua gua to Las Galeras; spend some time; return to Samana via gua gua and lease a car in Samana; go to LT; spend some time and while there do a day trip to Limon to see the falls; return the car to Samana and then back to SD via caribe tours.