Ticketing Solution in DR, Anyone?

holdinaces

Mar 6, 2014
We wanted to throw a small event in town for the kids and need a ticketing solution. Eventbrite won't work for us, due to the fact that they only accept payments via paypal and issue payments that way as well.

Uepa tickets, ticketexpress, and tuboleta, haven't even responded to inquiry's we have sent, any other solutions similiar to eventbrite around here?

Spanish Version:
Quer?amos lanzar un peque?o evento en la ciudad para los ni?os y buscamos una soluci?n de venta de entradas o boletas . Eventbrite no va a funcionar para nosotros , debido al hecho de que s?lo aceptan pagos a trav?s de PayPal y realizan el desembolso de esa manera tambi?n .

Uepa Tickets , ticketexpress y tuboleta , ni siquiera han respondido a los correos electr?nicos que hemos enviado , cualquier otra soluci?n similar a Eventbrite por aqu??

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not enough information provided to propose a solution.

What town? Is the target audience local, regional, national
Are you charging for tickets or just looking for a way for people to reserve and receive tickets
Do you need an integrated solution that visitors to a website can use to secure tickets online
Do you need telephone support for these purchases
What currency are you looking to accept payments in
Who will deliver these tickets after payment is received. If you, how do you want to be notified of payment
What time frame are we looking at
Why is Paypal not a viable solution

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
PayPal probably won't let you connect a non-US bank account, but I could be wrong there.

Try Amazon Payments. You may have to use the payments on Amazon if you can't connect it to a DR bank account, but if (like me) you're there all the time, it may not be a big deal.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
you mean that Dominicans will pay for the ticket online ? do we live in the same country ;-) ?

why not sell the tikets at the entrance to event ? confused....

edit: AH, now I know. these are the bots posting with free advert. i will leave it up to mods if they want to keep this xrumer topic... ;-)

Feb 7, 2007
As it is done in Higuey - the event organizer teams up with certain large or well known stores which will get commission for sales of tickets, and then you announce (on posters, ads, etc.) where tickets are being sold. E.g. Bolates a la venta en Tienda Fulano, Tienda Fulana y Supermercado Fulanito.

This of course could be problematic in SD and ST because of city size, but could work anywhere else in the DR.

Feb 7, 2007
Sure it will. I've had my Banco Popular account linked to Paypal for years...

You mean Dominican Banco Popular? And how? Paypal requires linking a US bank account, or Dominican credit card, I ahve never heard of linking Dominican Bank Account.

holdinaces

Mar 6, 2014

How did you do that? paypal will only accept US Banks.....brandyh not sure where your post went but fuegotickets does seem like a good solution thanks. The event will most likely be held in Puerto Plata, will post it here if we manage to get by hurdles.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

US Banco Popular and Dominican Banco Popular are different companies. My friend tried to set up an account for a girlfriend in DR and that's how he found out.