Falpo

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Today I heard about some actions of a group named FALPO. I did a quick google search and did not find information that helped me understand who this group is and what their objectives are.

What was described to me is that FALPO had claimed some land next to Batey Libertad that was being used for a farm by the batey residents and that some batey residents thought had been given to the batey. FALPO claimed that the batey did not have ownership, siezed the land and is selling it in small pieces.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I and others have said that Dominicans are passive; allowing their government officials to be corrupt, their minerals to be extracted at the cost of their environment, ...

It seems that FALPO contradicts that. Albeit in a violent way. Thoughts/comments?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
first, let's leave the myth about non complaining dominicans. when i worked in the pharmacy they constantly complained about my rudeness for i have a natural servitude of a hammerhead shark choking on a handsome australian surfer.

second, start reading comments in diario libre, la zeta, al momento and acento. it's a constant snivel about politicians, lack of education, low morale, bad quality of services, corruption and many other things. some may say the comments are made by literate and educated dominicans which is not representative of a nation as a whole but atrocious spelling of some posters make me think otherwise.

third, dominicans are a bit violent on the whole, like the rest of hot headed latinos. a carefully aimed stone speaks louder than misspelled comment in DL.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
first, let's leave the myth about non complaining dominicans. when i worked in the pharmacy they constantly complained about my rudeness for i have a natural servitude of a hammerhead shark choking on a handsome australian surfer.

second, start reading comments in diario libre, la zeta, al momento and acento. it's a constant snivel about politicians, lack of education, low morale, bad quality of services, corruption and many other things. some may say the comments are made by literate and educated dominicans which is not representative of a nation as a whole but atrocious spelling of some posters make me think otherwise.

third, dominicans are a bit violent on the whole, like the rest of hot headed latinos. a carefully aimed stone speaks louder than misspelled comment in DL.

ha i wonder eggzactly what wood hapen 2 de speling without spelchec? computor generated educated gringos

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

I have never said that Dominicans don't complain PERIOD. I?ve said Dominicans USUALLY don?t complain TO THE SOURCE, or the owner of a business where they've gotten bad service from.

Dominicans are not one note. You?ll see that different people will react differently on different situations.

Some people rant on FB and on public forums but still their neighbor is blasting loud music , and they won't say anything to that neighbor, nor call the Police. They might get bad service at a store, throw a rant at the Clerk and say they?ll never come back. and that's pretty much it. No, they are not going to come back and throw stones at the business.

Some people carry their "Loma Miranda" stickers in their cars, but that?s all they do.

A person who participates in protests is not going to go to a restaurant and demand to see the chef or the manager if the food was not to their liking.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
parche_che_02.jpg

Power to the People!