WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CANADIAN Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who opened the small "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant in Sosua to sell "Wraps", and "HEALTHY FOOD"?????????????

SHE GIVE UP YET????????????????

SOMEHOW,...."Healthy",...and "SOSUA" don't mix well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Yes - its a shame especially as she offered COLON CLEANSE !

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
gone like snow in July as they say in Boston.

if it smells like fish................

was always something wrong there....

now you see 'em, now you don't

wonder what happened to the novio ??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since 10% of restaurants survive, this should come as no surprise. In fairness, she was called back to work in Canada and could not be here for enough time to make a go of it herself was how she explained the situation.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
She thought she was smarter than the locals (Dominicans and expats). She attempted to manipulate the audience and used her company to create fake traffic to her posts (10,000 views b.s.) so she stayed in our view. If she was serving Maine lobsters on a silverplater for 1 peso I would still shun her!

Aug 21, 2007
It's important to live here, learn the culture, and move cautiously before starting a business or a relationship.

I wished her well, as she was located in the same edificio as my foundation. We fed on one another's success. However, I had worries from the start.

I believe, in this country, it is important to prove yourself to some degree prior to tooting your horn, no matter how important marketing can be.

Many come, invest much, and leave with less than they hoped. I hope she is able to continue to live the life she wants.

Lindsey

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
She thought she was smarter than the locals (Dominicans and expats). She attempted to manipulate the audience and used her company to create fake traffic to her posts (10,000 views b.s.) so she stayed in our view. If she was serving Maine lobsters on a silverplater for 1 peso I would still shun her!

I'll give you credit, you have a wild sense of imagination!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lindsey, is the place closed? i remember she said she wanted to keep it open even if it did not sell.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
A healthy food restaurant and some diet instruction is most needed here in Boca Chica. I have been walking the beach here for the last week..the lone jogger...hoping to see some tight bodes...I have never seen so many gordos and gorditas packed into 1 square mile in my life.

Aug 21, 2007
lindsey, is the place closed? i remember she said she wanted to keep it open even if it did not sell.

Yes, it is closed. Was closed shortly after she made that comment. From the looks of it, she was able to sell all her contents. At least she got that out of it.

Lindsey

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I went there once. Food was good, service was, well Dominican. I am actually kind of disappointed. My guess would be she didn't have decent employees, or didn't know what to expect from them. They burnt something while we were waiting, screwed up our drink orders, and the food took over an our to be served. There were four of us, and we got one plate at a time with 20 minute intervals in between plates, which is not cool with kids. Also, my sun and wife ordered different items, but they looked exactly the same. And, or course, the bill was incorrect. Food good, service bad, even for Dominican standards.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
shame, really. i could not understand the lack of consistency in the concept. i know she wanted healthy food and i dare say this could have gone well but you cannot have a healthy restaurant and serve fries and typical plato del dia.

maybe she tries again with better results and a better plan.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
shame, really. i could not understand the lack of consistency in the concept. i know she wanted healthy food and i dare say this could have gone well but you cannot have a healthy restaurant and serve fries and typical plato del dia.

maybe she tries again with better results and a better plan.

I would very much doubt that will happen.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I was just thinking about people that start businesses in DR, specially a tourist area. Unless it's some type of business needed by locals and tourist it's doom to fail.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gorditos in cabarete is often showed as an example of success. but the owners are in DR full time, in the shop daily and working their asses off. running a business here takes dedication.

anyways, i wish this gal well in any future endeavors.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
So many supportive comments while "the canadian woman" was active on the forum, but now that she's not around…… [video=youtube;zOMMWeExwh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOMMWeExwh4[/video]

She is actually a great person and now a good friend of mine, she tried it but too busy with her business back home. She lost hardly anything and has more balls than most of you to try it out!
I loved the food so it sux to me but happy for her she got out of it relatively painlessly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.