commercial grade refrigerator

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
at the weekend I was in dajabon and came across a small orphanage "hogar de cristo"....they look after 22 young children orphaned or abandoned by the parents...one of the items they need is a refrigerator....does anyone know where a commercial grade refrigerator can be bought and roughly what price it might cost
thanks in advance for any help

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
dom.s dont really keep a fridge as most know it....me, i overbuy freeze things but down here you buy fresh everyday,,,(powr) out food goes bad. and they have no money to buy in advance..

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
dom.s dont really keep a fridge as most know it....me, i overbuy freeze things but down here you buy fresh everyday,,,(powr) out food goes bad. and they have no money to buy in advance..

Maybe in the campo, but just about every other Dominican household has a fridge.

Not every Dominican is poor...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
at the weekend I was in dajabon and came across a small orphanage "hogar de cristo"....they look after 22 young children orphaned or abandoned by the parents...one of the items they need is a refrigerator....does anyone know where a commercial grade refrigerator can be bought and roughly what price it might cost
thanks in advance for any help

Start here to get an idea of pricing.

Refrigeradoras y Congeladoras en Electrodom?sticos - MercadoLibre Rep?blica Dominicana

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.do...ador-cocina-industrial-colmado-exhibidora-_JM

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.do/MRD-401779654-freezer-botellero-franco-mod-bc65-nuevo-_JM

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Might want to keep your eyes and ears open for a restaurant closing down. A used unit would obviously not be 100% dependable but it would be a lot less expensive. Or perhaps an exhibition unit at a hotel/restaurant goods store.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Go visit the "Presidente" brewery in SD.
They have thousands of "Presidente" refrigerators, maybe they will donate one??????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
A vertical freezer set to low would be better than a display unit for energy costs if you can find one, and cheaper than any home fridge.